Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#103232 by Jerald
Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:37 am
I received my Linx device and no problems setting up. I do find a slight buzzing or A/C line noise even after trying several different phones and different locations. The buzzing is faint but can be heard by both caller and receiver. No such problem ever with my Telo or new HD2 handset. I do not think the buzzing will affect faxing or other devices, but haven't tried my fax yet. Any one else with a Linx experience this problem?
#103233 by thunderbird
Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:08 am
Jerald wrote:I received my Linx device and no problems setting up. I do find a slight buzzing or A/C line noise even after trying several different phones and different locations. The buzzing is faint but can be heard by both caller and receiver. No such problem ever with my Telo or new HD2 handset. I do not think the buzzing will affect faxing or other devices, but haven't tried my fax yet. Any one else with a Linx experience this problem?

I had the Linx White Noise problem also, but after the firmware update 63430 was pushed to me, it was almost un-noticeable.
#103237 by Jerald
Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:08 am
thunderbird wrote:
Jerald wrote:I received my Linx device and no problems setting up. I do find a slight buzzing or A/C line noise even after trying several different phones and different locations. The buzzing is faint but can be heard by both caller and receiver. No such problem ever with my Telo or new HD2 handset. I do not think the buzzing will affect faxing or other devices, but haven't tried my fax yet. Any one else with a Linx experience this problem?

I had the Linx White Noise problem also, but after the firmware update 63430 was pushed to me, it was almost un-noticeable.

Thank you Thunderbird, my buzzing noise is gone! I thought I had fixed the problem by installing an A/C line noise filter between the Linx and A/C wall outlet. Later I removed the line noise filter and problem was gone? I checked my firmware and I do have 63430, but did not see Ooma automatically update my system.