Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#103116 by martin1b
Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:53 am
On several occasions, I've experienced where I hang up the phone from a call, and the Telo shows the call still active (orange, not blue). This results in the line being unavailable when people call. When I notice it later and pick up the phone, I get the sound if a phone was left off of the hook, yet the phone itself shows as being hung up.

I have a single phone attached to the Telo.

Why is this and how can I prevent it?
#103117 by thunderbird
Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:14 am
martin1b wrote:On several occasions, I've experienced where I hang up the phone from a call, and the Telo shows the call still active (orange, not blue). This results in the line being unavailable when people call. When I notice it later and pick up the phone, I get the sound if a phone was left off of the hook, yet the phone itself shows as being hung up.

First:
Disconnect the phone that you are using and try another phone. If you don't have a spare phone, barrow another phone.

Next it the problem still persists:

Ooma Telo Factory Reset:
Dial *#*#099 on the phone attached to Telo phone port to issue a factory reset.
A recording will come on the line and ask if you really want to do a factory reset. Press 1 for yes, and press 2 or hang up for no. After pressing 1, you will hear a busy signal. After hanging up, the number 1 light stays lit yellow on the face of the Ooma Telo. After a short period of time, only the number 1 & 2 lights remain lit blue. Then after more time, the Ooma Telo goes into the boot sequence, and comes back on line. If you are using an Ooma Wi-Fi dongle, you have to access Ooma Setup and rescan for the Wi-Fi network before a Wi-Fi connection can be made. The same is true for DSL, if you have to enter Connection type PPoE and a Name and Password for the Internet provider connection. If you are using a wired LAN Internet connection, you may want to reset MAC address from Automatic, to Use Built In. Also you may want to reset your Quality of Service Upstream/Downstream Internet Speed settings, and Bluetooth settings if you are using Ooma’s USB Bluetooth dongle. Ooma Telo handset must be re-registered.

Sometimes the *#*#099 command has to be issued three or four times, before the factory reset sequence starts and is completed.
#103122 by lbmofo
Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:11 pm
martin1b wrote:On several occasions, I've experienced where I hang up the phone from a call, and the Telo shows the call still active (orange, not blue). This results in the line being unavailable when people call. When I notice it later and pick up the phone, I get the sound if a phone was left off of the hook, yet the phone itself shows as being hung up.

If old fashioned phone, make sure hook switch is fully depressed when phone returned to cradle.
If newer cordless phone, make sure after pressing "off" or "hang-up," your phone screen doesn't reflect on-going call (your off or hang-up button maybe broken).