Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#102819 by thunderbird
Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:40 pm
yayoubob wrote:I set up my ooma device and can make calls out but can't recive calls

First:
Remove power from the Ooma Telo. Then repower the Ooma Telo and test.

Next:
Make sure the Do not disturb (envelope) Icon on the face of the Ooma Telo is not yellow.

Press the envelope button until it turns yellow.

Then press it again until it turns blue. Then test.

Next:
Since you are just new to Ooma you have two months free Ooma Premier Service. Go into My Ooma and choose and setup the second phone number feature. Then test by making and receiving calls to/from that phone number.

Next if problem still continues:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

Please report back to the forum as to what, if anything helped.
#102827 by Hop
Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:23 pm
I've run across this a couple times over the last few months. I think today might have been the straw that broke the camels back with my wife though. I work in IT so loved the thought of VoIP. I really wanted this technology to work. I needed to get familiar with the technology for work. While I normally use a cell phone, my wife LIVES on the home land line phone. I had been web surfing last night and all of a sudden everything stopped. I had to reset the Ooma (installed before the router) and the router last night. This has happened ~2-3 times in the last month. Well, she didn't get any incoming calls all day today and has demanded I put us back on land line service. :cry: I really hate the thought of paying $35/mo for a land line but it's cheaper than a divorce lawyer!
#102828 by thunderbird
Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:38 pm
Hop wrote:I've run across this a couple times over the last few months. I think today might have been the straw that broke the camels back with my wife though. I work in IT so loved the thought of VoIP. I really wanted this technology to work. I needed to get familiar with the technology for work. While I normally use a cell phone, my wife LIVES on the home land line phone. I had been web surfing last night and all of a sudden everything stopped. I had to reset the Ooma (installed before the router) and the router last night. This has happened ~2-3 times in the last month. Well, she didn't get any incoming calls all day today and has demanded I put us back on land line service. :cry: I really hate the thought of paying $35/mo for a land line but it's cheaper than a divorce lawyer!

Lately this has been working much better:
Try connecting Modem-Router-Ooma. This is now the preferred Ooma connection.
See: https://www.ooma.com/sites/default/files ... G_2011.pdf Step 2.

When using the Modem-Router-Ooma connection, nothing is connected to the Ooma Telo Home port, except a computer when access to Ooma Setup is required. Reserving an IP address, with a permanent lease, in your Router for the Ooma Telo, and then in Ooma Setup>Advance page, port forward 172.27.35.1 port 80. The without anything connected to the Ooma Telo Home port, you can type http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xx , the reserved IP address that was reserved for the Ooma Telo, and the Ooma Setup page will open.

Normally with the Modem-Router-Ooma connection, in Ooma Setup Advanced page, the Quality of Service Upstream and Downstream Internets speed settings are both set to Zero.

Also do this:
If your connection is Modem-Router-Ooma or Modem/router-Ooma, temporarily connect a network cable from your Ooma device home port, to the wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer, if turned on. Reboot the computer. Access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on Internet, go down to INTERNET Port MAC Address: and change setting from Automatic to Use Built In. Click on Update device. Remove power from your Modem (or Modem/Router), your Router (skip to Ooma Device if have Modem/Router) and Ooma Device. Repower the Modem (or Modem/Router). When the Modem is done booting repower your Router (skip to Ooma Device if have Modem/Router). When the Router is done booting, repower your Ooma device.

And This:
Run http://speedtest.phonepower.com/ to see how your modem and Internet connection is doing. Then click on the Advance tab on the lower left side of the Phonepower page, and post the following values here in this thread, by clicking on "Quote" in the upper right hand corner of this Ooma Forum post. Then fill in the blanks.

Download Speed: ________________
Upload Speed: ________________
Download Consistency of Service ________
Upload Consistency of Service _________
Maximum TCP Delay _____________
Jitter you server __________
Jitter server you _________
Packet loss: you server_______
Packet loss: server you ______
Packet discards _________
Packets out of order _________
Estimated MOS score ________
#102837 by yayoubob
Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:07 am
I have added the 2nd phone number and tried it. That number works fine but the first number still gives me the message that the number is not in service. What should I do?
#102838 by thunderbird
Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:06 am
yayoubob wrote:I have added the 2nd phone number and tried it. That number works fine but the first number still gives me the message that the number is not in service. What should I do?

That means that there is a routing problem.

For that problem you have to contact Ooma Customer Support.
If the numbers don't mean anything to you, you could ask to have the numbers switched and/or replace the defective number with a different one. Or if you want to keep the numbers as they are, just have Ooma fix the routing problem. Be sure to let them know that the second line works fine.

Customer Support
#102843 by nanettega
Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:21 am
Woke up this morning and my Ooma Telo is not receiving calls. The caller is just getting a fast busy signal. However, I'm able to make calls with no problems. Had problems with getting and receiving calls a few months ago but the problems were fixed when I moved and got a new service provider & modem.

I'm on Cox cable with a combo modem/router.
#102844 by thunderbird
Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:43 am
nanettega wrote:Woke up this morning and my Ooma Telo is not receiving calls. The caller is just getting a fast busy signal. However, I'm able to make calls with no problems. Had problems with getting and receiving calls a few months ago but the problems were fixed when I moved and got a new service provider & modem.

I'm on Cox cable with a combo modem/router.

First:
Make sure that the Do Not Disturb (Envelope) Icon, located on the face of the Ooma Telo is not Yellow.
Press and hold the Envelope Icon until it turns yellow. Then press and hold the Envelope Icon until it turns blue.

If that doesn't help:
Reset your Modem per the Modem/Router owner's manual.

Note: Some modems contain a battery that must be temporarily removed to have a successful Modem reset or reboot. Check the Modem/Router owner's manual to see if there is a battery and for the removal procedure.

If there isn't a reset procedure for the Modem, remove power from the Modem/Router. Wait a couple of minutes, and then repower the Modem/Router.
Next remove power from the Ooma Telo. Wait a couple of mints and repower the Ooma Telo. Test making and receiving phone calls.

Next if that doesn't help:
If your connection is Modem-Router-Ooma or Modem/router-Ooma, temporarily connect a network cable from your Ooma device home port, to the wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer, if turned on. Reboot the computer. Access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on Internet, go down to INTERNET Port MAC Address: and change setting from Automatic to Use Built In. Click on Update device. Remove power from your Modem (or Modem/Router), your Router (skip to Ooma Device if have Modem/Router) and Ooma Device. Repower the Modem (or Modem/Router). When the Modem is done booting repower your Router (skip to Ooma Device if have Modem/Router). When the Router is done booting, repower your Ooma device.

Next if that doesn’t help:
Run http://speedtest.phonepower.com/ to see how your modem and Internet connection is doing. Then click on the Advance tab on the lower left side of the Phonepower page, and post the following values here in this thread, by clicking on "Quote" in the upper right hand corner of this Ooma Forum post. Then fill in the blanks.

Download Speed: ________________
Upload Speed: ________________
Download Consistency of Service ________
Upload Consistency of Service _________
Maximum TCP Delay _____________
Jitter you server __________
Jitter server you _________
Packet loss: you server_______
Packet loss: server you ______
Packet discards _________
Packets out of order _________
Estimated MOS score ________
#102851 by nanettega
Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:30 am
Thunderbird:

1) all lights on Ooma telo device are blue
2) Reset modem - still not receiving calls
3)Internet Port MAC address already set to Use Built In
4) Conducted speed test:

Download Speed: _3272kbps
Upload Speed: __821 kbps
Download Consistency of Service ___99%_____
Upload Consistency of Service ___87%______
Maximum TCP Delay ___12ms__________
Jitter you server ___3.1ms_______
Jitter server you __.6 ms_______
Packet loss: you server___0%____
Packet loss: server you ___0%___
Packet discards ___0%______
Packets out of order ___0%______
Estimated MOS score __4.2______

The last time I received an incoming call was 11/1 at around 7:30pm Eastern. Not sure when this problem started but found out this morning when someone tried to call me and then called my cell to tell me the phone is going directly to a fast busy signal. When I had problems a few months ago, the incoming calls were at least going directly to voicemail.
#102854 by thunderbird
Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:11 am
nanettega:
From reading this and your previous thread posts, it looks like you have done everything that can be done on your end.

Sounds like a routing issue. For that you have to contact Ooma Customer Support:

Be sure to let them know that this issue has been going on for some time.

Customer Support