HD2 Handset Problems & Comments

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
murphy

Re: HD2 Handset Problems & Comments

Post by murphy » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:37 pm

The following quote was extracted from a Wikipedia article.

"In North America, the standard ring cadence is "2-4", or two seconds of ringing followed by four seconds of silence."

Thus two rings consumes a total of 8 seconds (2-4-2).
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

jh_austin

Post by jh_austin » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:51 pm

I hit another problem today with the HD2 handset. My wife called and only my Panasonic phones rang. The HD2 handsets did not indicate a call at all. I tried to answer using the HD2 handset but just got the Ooma ringtone. I looked at the HD2 screen to see whether there was anything to press to answer the ringing phone and there wasn't. I ran to another room and answered the phone using a Panasonic phone. This makes me think that i could completely miss phone calls if I were relying solely on the HD2 handset.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:35 pm

This happened to me today also. I reboot the Ooma Telo, and the HD2 handsets started functioning properly again.

daewon

Post by daewon » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:44 am

Mine just died after 2 days...

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:35 am

daewon wrote:Mine just died after 2 days...
See topic: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14832

dioxide45

Post by dioxide45 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:00 pm

One thing I have noticed is when you are on a call where you are having to use the phone buttons to make menu selections, there are not audible beeps when you press any of the number buttons. Also the numbers don't appear on the screen. I couldn't find a setting for this in the menus either. It makes working in customer service menus a bit of a pain.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:23 am

there are not audible beeps when you press any of the number buttons
To hear beeps when pressing digits on a call enable 'Key click' in the Settings menu.

jproducer73

Post by jproducer73 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:08 pm

I also cannot sync my contacts. Well, actually, my contacts did sync when I first got the phone. Then I did what all people who have new features would do, I synced images with facebook and updated all my contacts by importing. Within an hour of doing so I lost all my contacts on my HD2 handset and have tried registering, re-registering with no change. My handset now sits with "No Contacts" and truly this is a big reason why I got the phone. Highly disappointed! I have not tried to call support yet but checked here first to see if it's possible someone solved the issue. Guess not. What a huge bummer! I would say it is most definitely a software issue if more than one of us are having the issue. :(

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:36 am

See if the problem is resolved now.

dioxide45

Post by dioxide45 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:45 am

Tom B wrote:
there are not audible beeps when you press any of the number buttons
To hear beeps when pressing digits on a call enable 'Key click' in the Settings menu.
Click Key is enabled and I can hear audible beeps when navigating the menu and dialing a phone number. However once connected, I can not hear any audible beeps when pressing numbers on the dial pad. This is only an issue when calling places and using a touch tone phone to select menu options with the company you are calling (like activating a credit card).