Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#103173 by murphy
Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:37 pm
The following quote was extracted from a Wikipedia article.

"In North America, the standard ring cadence is "2-4", or two seconds of ringing followed by four seconds of silence."

Thus two rings consumes a total of 8 seconds (2-4-2).
#103282 by jh_austin
Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:51 pm
I hit another problem today with the HD2 handset. My wife called and only my Panasonic phones rang. The HD2 handsets did not indicate a call at all. I tried to answer using the HD2 handset but just got the Ooma ringtone. I looked at the HD2 screen to see whether there was anything to press to answer the ringing phone and there wasn't. I ran to another room and answered the phone using a Panasonic phone. This makes me think that i could completely miss phone calls if I were relying solely on the HD2 handset.
#103480 by dioxide45
Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:00 pm
One thing I have noticed is when you are on a call where you are having to use the phone buttons to make menu selections, there are not audible beeps when you press any of the number buttons. Also the numbers don't appear on the screen. I couldn't find a setting for this in the menus either. It makes working in customer service menus a bit of a pain.
#103493 by Tom
Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:23 am
there are not audible beeps when you press any of the number buttons

To hear beeps when pressing digits on a call enable 'Key click' in the Settings menu.
#103554 by jproducer73
Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:08 pm
I also cannot sync my contacts. Well, actually, my contacts did sync when I first got the phone. Then I did what all people who have new features would do, I synced images with facebook and updated all my contacts by importing. Within an hour of doing so I lost all my contacts on my HD2 handset and have tried registering, re-registering with no change. My handset now sits with "No Contacts" and truly this is a big reason why I got the phone. Highly disappointed! I have not tried to call support yet but checked here first to see if it's possible someone solved the issue. Guess not. What a huge bummer! I would say it is most definitely a software issue if more than one of us are having the issue. :(
#103735 by dioxide45
Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:45 am
Tom B wrote:
there are not audible beeps when you press any of the number buttons

To hear beeps when pressing digits on a call enable 'Key click' in the Settings menu.

Click Key is enabled and I can hear audible beeps when navigating the menu and dialing a phone number. However once connected, I can not hear any audible beeps when pressing numbers on the dial pad. This is only an issue when calling places and using a touch tone phone to select menu options with the company you are calling (like activating a credit card).