Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#102804 by thunderbird
Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:53 am
Info Only:
I noticed that the second HD2 handset that I use the most stopped having the double beep when the HD2 handset was placed in its charging cradle.

I placed the same HD2 handset in a different charging cradle and I could hear the double beep.

I looked into the bottom of the first charging cradle and saw that the little wire rod, on the left side, where the HD2 handset electrical contact takes place, was stuck down and pushed forward at the outboard end of the rod.

I found a table knife handle that would just fit in the slot opening in the charging cradle. After removing charging cradle power, I carefully pushed down on the little wire rod and then took the knife handle out of the slot. The rod popped back up, but still angled forward. I pushed on the right side little rod, and it went down and back up freely, but also angled slightly forward.

I plugged the charging cradle power back in and placed the HD2 handset in the charging cradle. I heard the double beep.

The HD2 charging cradle power from cradle to HD2 contact mechanism seems to be a weak point?????????
#102806 by umbertob
Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:40 am
After working flawlessly for a couple of days, this morning, both my new HD2 handsets were stuck showing "Connecting...." on their monitors, all buttons unresponsive. I tried to remove and reinsert the handsets batteries, after a brief "Scanning for Ooma base unit" message, both handsets went back to the "Connecting..." screen, and got stuck there. I finally pulled the plug on the Telo and let it reset, both handsets promptly reconnected after that. Everything is good again, but I am getting worried these handsets are a bit too finicky. Last night the phone rang (my "regular" telo hardwired phone) but neither HD2 did. My Telo software version is 62782 (not sure what it was last night, I am thinking an overnight software update may have caused this.) Anyone else experienced these symptoms yet?
#102809 by thunderbird
Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:52 am
You may have had a firmware update that may not have installed correctly. The Ooma Telo reboot probably fixed the problem.

If you continue to have HD2 handset problems, post those problems here.
#102831 by jh_austin
Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:44 pm
I received two HD2 handsets two days ago. The first one's navigation down button didn't work so it made it impossible to move down contacts, change settings, etc. I called support and they are sending another by USP ground.

It appears there is something loose in the second one. I don't believe the handset has been dropped (at least it hasn't by me). When I move it (or shake it), it sounds as if some type of clip or something is lose inside. It probably makes as much sound as a dime would make if you placed it inside. It sounds like it is coming from the top part of the phone. It also sometimes beeps when whatever is loose moves around. It is the same type of beep that is heard when you press any of the keys. Also moving it around sometimes causes it to reboot. This just started today. I haven't called support about this issue yet.

Finally, I also have a Panasonic DECT 6.0 phone system connected to the Ooma telo. I have noticed that when people call, the HD2 handsets sometimes don't ring until about the second or third ring following the Panasonic. When I answer with the HD2, the call doesn't immediately pick up, and the Panasonic handsets will continue to ring for a second or two. That really bugs me because it makes it seem like the HD2 hasn't picked up at all, and then I go reaching for the Panasonic. Does anybody else have this issue?

Anyway, neither of the two handsets lasted more than 48 hours. We probably played with the one with the loose thing inside it for about an hour within those first two days. So far, my track record is really bad for the HD2 handsets. I am considering now trying the Linx for configuring the second line. It would be nice if these phones were manufactured better. My Panasonic phones have lasted for years with me only having to replace the AAA batteries.
#102832 by jh_austin
Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:55 pm
I should have also mentioned in my last post that I added pictures to my contacts to give that a try. Perhaps the reason why the HD2 takes a moment longer to ring is due to transferring the image to the HD2 before the HD2 rings. However, I don't know whether that could also cause the other problem where the Panasonic phones continue to ring after I answer the call on the HD2.
#102847 by SMichlin
Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:37 am
Can't sync contacts from MyOoma website to handsets. Spent 40+ minutes with two levels of Ooma customer support. Have tried un-registering and re-registering handsets, and re-booting telo, plus deleting all contacts and re-entering. Still nothing. Ooma says it's a software problem. Sending out replacements, someday.
#102974 by hurl03
Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:33 pm
Does anyone else have a annoying high pitch sound when charging the hd2? is just barely noticeable, but you can definately hear the change when taking it off the charger.
#102976 by thunderbird
Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:59 pm
jh_austin wrote:I should have also mentioned in my last post that I added pictures to my contacts to give that a try. Perhaps the reason why the HD2 takes a moment longer to ring is due to transferring the image to the HD2 before the HD2 rings. However, I don't know whether that could also cause the other problem where the Panasonic phones continue to ring after I answer the call on the HD2.

Try rebooting the Ooma Telo to stop the Panasonic phones from ringing after the call is answered with the HD2 handset.

If the reboot doen't help, call Ooma Cutomer Support, ask for third level support and have them "push" out a later version of Firmware for your Ooma Telo.

I believe that this is a defective charging cradle. Contact Ooma Customer Support for a replacement.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#103049 by SMichlin
Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:12 pm
Received my 2 new replacement HD2 handsets today (Surprise! No tracking e-mail from Ooma, they just showed up). Still cannot sync contacts from MyOoma to either handset. Another 20+ minutes on the phone with customer support and issue has been sent to "engineering" who will be calling me back. Asked if it could be a problem with the Telo and was told no.

SMichlin wrote:Can't sync contacts from MyOoma website to handsets. Spent 40+ minutes with two levels of Ooma customer support. Have tried un-registering and re-registering handsets, and re-booting telo, plus deleting all contacts and re-entering. Still nothing. Ooma says it's a software problem. Sending out replacements, someday.