Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#102386 by icedcorn
Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:00 pm
In the instruction manual, it appears you can change the name of the HD2 unit -- the instructions show it as "living room"...this is great..except I couldn't find anything in the manual as to how to go about changing them.

Instead mine just says "headset 1"...does anyone know how to change the device name?

I hope it's not something obvious and I just didn't post something stupid..but I couldn't find it...
#102387 by icedcorn
Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:05 pm
I figured it out. You have to go to My Ooma -> Preferences -> Phone Numbers, click "setup device"

You do need the device ID of the HD2, which you can get from Menu->About Handset->on the phone and enter the Device ID.
#102390 by thunderbird
Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:23 pm
icedcorn wrote:In the instruction manual, it appears you can change the name of the HD2 unit -- the instructions show it as "living room"...this is great..except I couldn't find anything in the manual as to how to go about changing them.

Instead mine just says "headset 1"...does anyone know how to change the device name?

I hope it's not something obvious and I just didn't post something stupid..but I couldn't find it...

Go into My Ooma https://my.ooma.com/phone_numbers.

In Main Account, click on Setup Account. A window called Setup Account opens.

In the blank following Name, type in the name that you want to use for your HD2 handset.

Following the word Type, click on the down arrow and select HD2 Handset.

In the Device ID blank enter the HD2 device ID. Pick up your HD2 handset. Device ID can be found by clicking on the HD2 Menu button. Then using the Navigation Pad bar, select the About handset (circle i) Icon. Then press the Select button which is located in the middle of the navigation bar. The letter/number combination that follows the words Device ID: is what is to be entered into the My Ooma Setup Device window. (Device ID can also be found in Ooma Setup, DECT Settings page under DECT Id, using the last six letter/number combination for Device Id).

Following the word Account do nothing.

Click on the Save button.

It takes about ten or fifteen minutes to see the new HD2 name appear on the HD2 handset screen.