Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#101894 by tbeltz
Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:07 am
I have the Ooma Premier but am not using any of the Ooma phones. I have a primarn number in the 269 area and the second number is in the 941 area. I will be taking my unit to the 941 area shortly at which time I would like for the 941 number to be switched to my Primary. I will keep both numbers active through the Premier but just need them switched or reversed as which one is Primary. Is this something I can do or will this need to be done by tech support?
#101895 by thunderbird
Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:36 am
tbeltz wrote:I have the Ooma Premier but am not using any of the Ooma phones. I have a primarn number in the 269 area and the second number is in the 941 area. I will be taking my unit to the 941 area shortly at which time I would like for the 941 number to be switched to my Primary. I will keep both numbers active through the Premier but just need them switched or reversed as which one is Primary. Is this something I can do or will this need to be done by tech support?

You can go into My Ooma https://my.ooma.com/privacy and change "Default number for outgoing calls" by clicking on the down arrow and then Saving. Read the text to the right of this setting.

Note that calling outbound with either Ooma number is not long distance within the USA.

Another important thing is to tell your Ooma inbound callers which number that you want them to call for inbound calls.
#101897 by tbeltz
Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:50 am
thunderbird wrote:
tbeltz wrote:I have the Ooma Premier but am not using any of the Ooma phones. I have a primarn number in the 269 area and the second number is in the 941 area. I will be taking my unit to the 941 area shortly at which time I would like for the 941 number to be switched to my Primary. I will keep both numbers active through the Premier but just need them switched or reversed as which one is Primary. Is this something I can do or will this need to be done by tech support?

You can go into My Ooma https://my.ooma.com/privacy and change "Default number for outgoing calls" by clicking on the down arrow and then Saving. Read the text to the right of this setting.

Note that calling outbound with either Ooma number is not long distance within the USA.

Another important thing is to tell your Ooma inbound callers which number that you want them to call for inbound calls.

thunderbird: I saw that but felt that change would only change the number to be displayed for id of outbound calls not the primary number to be used?? I am trying to avoid having to dial 1+ when I get into the other area code. Maybe I am not explaining myself right?? Thanks for you interest and reply.
#101900 by murphy
Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:32 am
You never have to dial 1 for a call within the US if you enable 10 digit dialing in your account.
#101901 by tbeltz
Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:59 am
murphy wrote:You never have to dial 1 for a call within the US if you enable 10 digit dialing in your account.

Both areas I am referring to still have 7 digit dialing (small areas). Right now when I goo off hook I receive the Dial tone from my 269 area number which enables me to call local numbers by dialing the 7 digits but when I call into the 941 area I must dial 10. When I move the unit into the 941 area I want to reverse the number selection so that when I go off hook it will then select the 941 number as my first choice thus allowing me to dial the 7 digit locals numbers in the 941 area. Changing the selection in privacy will not do it as I have tried, that only changes the Caller ID information sent out and doesn't always do that? I checked with tech support and they say reversing the primary and secondary is something they must do on their end and is not a big issue. Hopefull all will go well, was just trying to see if anyone else had gone through this process.