Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#101444 by kblgy
Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:19 am
Question, i wouldl ike to cancel premier and add a obitalk to the home line for a second line for free, would i be able to do this? i had the home line originally on when i forst bought this..

thank you steve

also how far in advance do i need to let them know if i want to cancel premier?
#101449 by aicitman
Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:10 pm
I didn't really understand your first question. (If your house has wiring for 2 lines, and the second line is not connected to any telephone company, you can connect any voip box to line 2. This has nothing to do with the 2 line feature of ooma, which requires a special ooma handset, and has nothing to do with ooma premier.)
As per cancellation of premier, just contact support before the auto renewal date. (It's never too early.)
#101450 by thunderbird
Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:10 pm
kblgy wrote:Question, i wouldl ike to cancel premier and add a obitalk to the home line for a second line for free, would i be able to do this? i had the home line originally on when i forst bought this..

thank you steve

also how far in advance do i need to let them know if i want to cancel premier?

You can not "pipe" both the Ooma Telo phone signal, and the Obitalk signal, into the same set of phone wires.

Go here for information for canceling Ooma Premier. https://www.ooma.com/app/support/ooma-premier-free-trial

Or

Contact Ooma Customer Support:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#101452 by kblgy
Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:34 pm
ooma has a line port for landline systems.
can't you use that?
#101453 by thunderbird
Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:46 pm
kblgy wrote:ooma has a line port for landline systems.
can't you use that?

Yes, if your Ooma Telo still has the phone wall port, (Ooma Telos are now manufactured, and have been manufactured for some time without the Phone Wall port), but I don't know of anyone using it because of the problems that most people had.

But you can try and see how it works out for you. It shouldn't hurt anything. Seems like I remember that you have to contact Ooma Customer Support had have them do something on their side also, for this to work.

If you do try it, let the forum know.
#101454 by kblgy
Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:04 pm
well i just bought a obi110, going to go down to basic ooma nd add a google line to the obi110, also the ibo110 has a line in port to add ooma number to it

just wondering if anyone has used the obitalk service before?
#101455 by GMOOMA
Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:35 pm
Connecting two phone lines ASSUMES you have 4-wire rj-11 cables run throughout the home. If not, this will not work.
2 wires for one phone line and 2 wires for the other.. HOPEFULLY the wires are not too old and/or have any interference issues/crosstalk (which is a pain to diagnose).

I think some people want access to the 2 lines and don't want to wait for an Ooma handset.

Also Considering the HD handset might end up being 2x the price of an OBI which can use google voice.. Loyal Ooma fans will be torn on which to buy..