Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#101417 by dissonance79
Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:19 pm
I just bought an Ooma Telo from Costco and I have run through the setup and successfully made calls. I have my modem going into the Ooma and then into the router. As I am sitting here typing this my Ooma is just randomly making beeping noises that is extremely annoying. All of the lights are on and blue and then the big Ooma logo will flash once and make a beeping noise. It seems completely random. Again, this is when I'm not even using it. Any ideas as this will quickly make me insane. :shock:
#101418 by thunderbird
Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:23 pm
dissonance79 wrote:I just bought an Ooma Telo from Costco and I have run through the setup and successfully made calls. I have my modem going into the Ooma and then into the router. As I am sitting here typing this my Ooma is just randomly making beeping noises that is extremely annoying. All of the lights are on and blue and then the big Ooma logo will flash once and make a beeping noise. It seems completely random. Again, this is when I'm not even using it. Any ideas as this will quickly make me insane. :shock:

Remove power from the Ooma Telo. Then Repower the Ooma Telo.

If that doesn't help:
Ooma Telo Factory Reset::
Dial *#*#099 on the phone attached to Telo phone port to issue a factory reset.
A recording will come on the line and ask if you really want to do a factory reset. Press 1 for yes, and press 2 or hang up for no. After pressing 1, you will hear a busy signal. After hanging up, the Line number 1 light stays lit yellow on the face of the Ooma Telo. After a short period of time, only the Line number 1 & 2 lights remain lit blue. Then after more time, the Ooma Telo goes into the boot sequence, and comes back on line.

If you are using an Ooma Wi-Fi dongle, you have to access Ooma Setup and rescan for the Wi-Fi network before a Wi-Fi connection can be made. The same is true for DSL, if you have to enter Connection type PPoE and a Name and Password for the Internet provider connection. You may want to reset MAC address to Use Built In, reset your Quality of Service Upstream/Downstream Internet Speed settings, and Bluetooth settings if you are using Ooma’s USB Bluetooth dongle. Ooma Telo handsets will have to be re-registered.
#101420 by dissonance79
Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:10 pm
I tried unplugging and I also tried a hard reset. The problem seems to be that the unit is not properly responding to my button presses on the Ooma unit itself. For instance I hit the sound button and it doesn't change the volume. I push it again and it changes the brightness. I click it again and it says "You have no messages" over and over. Also the lighted Ooma symbol is purple in color. I think it's supposed to be blue. Is this unit just defective? I'm hoping not as this was the last one at my local Costco.
#101425 by thunderbird
Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:07 pm
dissonance79 wrote:I tried unplugging and I also tried a hard reset. The problem seems to be that the unit is not properly responding to my button presses on the Ooma unit itself. For instance I hit the sound button and it doesn't change the volume. I push it again and it changes the brightness. I click it again and it says "You have no messages" over and over. Also the lighted Ooma symbol is purple in color. I think it's supposed to be blue. Is this unit just defective? I'm hoping not as this was the last one at my local Costco.

It appears that your Ooma Telo is defective. Call Ooma Customer Support and (after jumping through some hoops) they will send you out a replacement Ooma Telo shipping prepaid, along with a prepaid shipping label for shipping the defective Ooma Telo back.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST