Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#101134 by gwynvt
Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:55 pm
We have downloaded the app to my sons Iphone but everytime he enters the user name (yes putting 1 in front of number) and password it says one of them is wrong. I have tried regenerating a password no use. He is in an airport waiting for flight to Europe and I'm afraid we will never get it working once he's over there. Help please Tahnks
#101157 by lbmofo
Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:21 am
Sounds like you are using the right login values (from your my.ooma.com mobile section) looking at your comment about regenerating the password.

Some wifi might be on a weird router that doesn't open up the necessary ports for Ooma mobile. Were these login tries on 3G/4G or wifi? Perhaps, your son can try logging in again once he finds other wifi over in Europe.
#101162 by gwynvt
Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:58 am
Thanks, I believe he was working on 3G at first and then I did suggest he try wifi figuring he could get that in the airport so I think he tried that as well though I didn't verify that he did. He will have to do it in Europe now I was just worried that more could go wrong or be a problem over there... I haven't heard from him since he landed but hopefully will later. I now the place they are staying first does have wifi available so hopefully it was just an area thing as you said and the same problem wont exist there... Also the Ooma people will be around to answer questions tomorrow so maybe they will have some thoughts. Problem is now I will have to act as intermediary now that he is in Europe since having him call them direct to troubleshoot will cost a fortune! Thanks again for your ideas if you have any more I would love to hear them, At least it does sound like I wasn't missing some obvious part...like making sure he was using the 1 in front of the number (I did make that mistake first) and sounds like reissuing a number doesn't slow things down or something. It had occurred to me that maybe it took more time than I gave it to put the new one in effect or something... only thing I could think of. Anyway thanks appreciate the effort.
#101167 by lbmofo
Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:49 am
Yes, try again. Using your primary number with 1 in front. Also, make sure "Enable Ooma Mobile" checkbox is checked and saved in my.ooma.com I suppose now, you'd have to send password to him via email to make sure he has it exactly as generated if you should regenerate it.