Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#101038 by mwindeler
Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:42 pm
I don't like how a 3 way call has to be initiated - from direct interaction with the base station vs from the handset - due to my base station being tucked away in my wire closet.

Today, I noticed this in the release notes for the latest release:

Add a double flash gesture to initiate a 3-party conference [11559]

Anyone know what this means? Can we now initiate a three way call from a handset? Does it have to be a Telo handset? And what's a "double flash gesture?"

I checked the instructions on Ooma's website and they still reference having to go to the base station to initiate a 3way.
#101040 by thunderbird
Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:17 pm
I don't have an Ooma Telo handset, so I can't test to tell you for sure.

But I believe it's pressing the talk button after you are talking on line one, (should put line one on hold and switch to line two). Then call someone on line two. Then pressing the talk button again to connect both lines together?
It may end up being some variation of the above procedure.

Since you are insterested in this subject, maybe you could try this by calling a couple of people, and then report back to forum to let us know if it works, or don't work.
#101044 by lbmofo
Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:33 pm
mwindeler wrote:I don't like how a 3 way call has to be initiated - from direct interaction with the base station vs from the handset - due to my base station being tucked away in my wire closet.

Today, I noticed this in the release notes for the latest release:

Add a double flash gesture to initiate a 3-party conference [11559]

Anyone know what this means? Can we now initiate a three way call from a handset? Does it have to be a Telo handset? And what's a "double flash gesture?"

I checked the instructions on Ooma's website and they still reference having to go to the base station to initiate a 3way.

Yes, you can join 2 calls using "double flash" using regular phones connected to the Telo "phone" port. 1 flash get you from 1 line to the other but 2 flashes (not too fast) would join the 2 ongoing lines together.