Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#100890 by thunderbird
Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:15 pm
vworah wrote:I'd like to understand how to make or receive calls while traveling abroad.

When we last traveled abroad, I took the Ooma Telo, Internet cables, phone cords, and a small phone along. You just have to have an Internet service that you can connect to.

The problem is that the Internet upload and download speeds are often very low in other countries, and if there isn't enough upload and download speeds, the Ooma Telo won't work.

If you don't have one, I would purchase the Ooma Telo Wi-Fi USB dongle, and learn how to set it up, and how to use it. Because most of the rest of the world mostly uses DSL PPPoE Internet connections, you have to learn how to set this type of connection up in Ooma Seup also. (Mostly selecting Connect type: PPPoE, and then entering the Internet service name and password, and always the reboots.)

Making calls is just like you would make calls setting in your home. If you are going to talk to someone in the USA, you just dial the number as you would setting in your home. If you want to talk to someone in the country were you are traveling, the call is an International call, dial the International prefixes, and you have to pay for it.

When half way around the world, we would receive calls, from a neighbor, friend, relative or etc. (in the middle of the night); and because the Ooma phone signal was so good, people though they were talking to us from our home.