Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#100904 by diddlydoo
Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:34 am
That's a great idea. Let me make sure I have this right.

I already have my number to be ported to cable and I have another number. After porting my one number, I just let things be with Ooma because I still have my other number and my Ooma stays active.

In a couple of years after cable promo expires and if I can't get back on another cable promo, if I wish to port my number back to Ooma, I only pay for the port and I will not have any monthly fees since my unit was never de-activated.

Since I won't have Premier during this 2 year period, if I decide to come back to Ooma since I already have a phone number associated with my acct, will Ooma port my prime home phone number back in place of that old number?

Do I have this right? Hope I haven't confused. lol
#100910 by lbmofo
Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:29 am
Yes, you have it right. After your number is ported to Cable, if you don't want Premier, you'd need to call Ooma customer service. Also, if your Ooma is offline (not connected to internet) for 6 months or more, Ooma may deactivate your device.
#101090 by GMOOMA
Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:49 am
Cableco here is Cablevision.. Optimum Voice is $29.95 per month(when bundled, 1st year)-- for that matter, so is vonage, lol...
Nowadays, Ooma with premier is a prorated. $12 a month ($99 upfront). I'm still hoping I'll be able to get the next year @ $99 or less for premier.. w/o going through the customer service hassle.

Anyone know how much premier will be next year? I don't miss getting phone service from telco or cableco one bit.. but should Ooma cross that priceline of $15 difference, then it's bordering on not being worth it anymore.. right now, it's a $16+ savings.
#101149 by gwynvt
Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:12 am
IBIMFO has a good idea or you could get the cable pkg deal with a new number and forward calls from Ooma to it, That way you keep your free Ooma and get your discount on the bundle. I can see why it would be hard to pass up a discount on the cable and Internet just to keep Ooma but in a couple of years you will start re-paying the$10 savings a month at a faster rate even haven't maintained the Ooma...maybe check those numbers.