Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#102989 by thehip
Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:56 am
I can confirm the same issue as OP. I have been with OOMA several years, non premier, have not changed numbers, no call blocking. I routinely get calls from approx 15 different numbers. Since July, three of those incoming numbers can not get through to me. They go directly to some generic voice mail, but it is not my voice mail. They do not show up in my incoming call logs. I can call them without issues. They are not anonymous or unknown callers. There is very little in common with these callers - they are located in NJ, PA and OR. All of them use traditional land line service. Other land line calls do get through.

I have walked through this with multiple levels of support at OOMA. On the last support call we performed a test, I had one of the incoming numbers call my OOMA line so they could trace it. The tech said the call never reached OOMA, and there is apparently a network issue before it gets to the OOMA system. I had my sister - who is one of the bad numbers, open a ticket with her phone company, and they traced the call getting to OOMA. So obviously someone is not being honest here.

I have no idea where to turn next, other than to drop OOMA. Would really be interested in hearing any updates from OP.
#102991 by lbmofo
Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:20 am
thehip wrote:Since July, three of those incoming numbers can not get through to me. They go directly to some generic voice mail, but it is not my voice mail.

Is it a voicemail greeting or some recorded message telling you about some routing issue (number disconnected, try again, circuits busy etc)? If voicemail greeting, does it sound like an Ooma voicemail greeting if generic? Have you (or your calling party) left a message telling the owner of the voicemail to call back? These problematic callers, do they all have the same service provider?