Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#100682 by richalger
Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:47 am
At least twice in the last two days we have turned on our phone to dial out and it gave the "off the hook" sound. When we turn off the phone and back on, it gives us the Ooma dial tone. When it is in the "off the hook" state, no one can call in, It rings 6 times like normal then goes to voice mail.

I experimented and actually left it off the hook until I got that tone. I turned on another phone and it gave the off the hook tone but I could not turn it off and back on to get the dial tone. So my kids are not leaving it off the hook.

We did get new phones 2 weeks ago, but it was not until Saturday that we first experienced this "Off the hook" state. We got VTech Dect 6.0 phones Model DS6472-6
http://www.costco.com/Vtech-DECT-6.0-Fi ... 66022.html

I have a Telo at Version: 60080. My Vtech phones are plugged directly into the Telo.

Has anyone else experienced this "Off the Hook" state of their Telo?
#100684 by thunderbird
Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:34 pm
richalger wrote:At least twice in the last two days we have turned on our phone to dial out and it gave the "off the hook" sound. When we turn off the phone and back on, it gives us the Ooma dial tone. When it is in the "off the hook" state, no one can call in, It rings 6 times like normal then goes to voice mail.

I experimented and actually left it off the hook until I got that tone. I turned on another phone and it gave the off the hook tone but I could not turn it off and back on to get the dial tone. So my kids are not leaving it off the hook.

We did get new phones 2 weeks ago, but it was not until Saturday that we first experienced this "Off the hook" state. We got VTech Dect 6.0 phones Model DS6472-6
http://www.costco.com/Vtech-DECT-6.0-Fi ... 66022.html

I have a Telo at Version: 60080. My Vtech phones are plugged directly into the Telo.

Has anyone else experienced this "Off the Hook" state of their Telo?

Check this first:
When ever you hear the "Fast Busy" sound on one of your Vtech phones, it probably is being caused by one of the Vtech phones not seating properly in its charging cradle.

You can correct this by:
When the phone is placed in the charging cradle, push the Vtech phone Off button first. (Some phones have a tone that you can hear when the phone is placed properly in its charging cradle.)

But you need to go farther:
There probably is a setting in the Vtech phones that will automatically disconnect the Vtech phone(s) when placed in the charging cradle, without pushing the Vtech phone Off button. Find that setting and make sure each Vtech phone is set to auto disconnect (or some other similar wording), when placed in the Vtech phone charging cradle.

If it still does it:
For troubleshooting, I'd disconnect the cordless Vtech phone system from the Ooma Telo Phone port. Connect one corded phone to the Ooma Telo Phone port and see if the same thing happens.
#100686 by frenchcamp49er
Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:44 pm
This is happing to me right now, not a phone issue.
#100830 by richalger
Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:28 pm
I have not experienced it since Sunday. I have not made any changes to my system.
#100935 by wstaples
Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:07 am
I have experienced this same problem. My phone is older as it is still a 2.4GHz cordless phone that has a second handset and charging base. I have not ever had this problem until I switched from a land line to Ooma. I was leaning toward sit being the phone itself since it is a old phone, but reading the initial post makes me think there may be more to it. It is sporadic when it does occur and there does not seem to be anything that I can do to force it to happen. It is almost as if there is some kind of issue with the Ooma telo communicating properly with the phone itself. It has not happened very frequently, but seems to happen in times that I really need to talk to someone at the house. They are completely oblivious to the problem until they go to use the phone and get the off hook signal, hang up, and retry. Any hints, advice, or solutions is greatly appreciated.
#100938 by thunderbird
Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:26 am
2.4GHz cordless phones do sometimes confict with the Ooma Telo. DECT 6 phones are best for use with Ooma Telos. The problem Fast Busy problem is probably not related to the phone.

For any one having this problem, it probably is a routing problem on the Ooma side.

Contact Ooma Customer Service:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#100940 by richalger
Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:30 am
Is a routing problem usually not solved unless you talk to an Ooma rep on the phone?
#100943 by thunderbird
Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:07 am
richalger wrote:Is a routing problem usually not solved unless you talk to an Ooma rep on the phone?

A routing problem has to be corrected by someone on the Ooma Side.