Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#100669 by rockf16
Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:00 am
Ever since I installed and activated OOMA, the system is auto dialing an 866 number every 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Outgoing call logs show these calls last exactly 20 secs. These call are place even when my computer and fax machine are turned off. I've checked everything I can think of, is there a known reason OOMA would auto dial?
#100673 by thunderbird
Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:55 am
rockf16 wrote:Ever since I installed and activated OOMA, the system is auto dialing an 866 number every 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Outgoing call logs show these calls last exactly 20 secs. These call are place even when my computer and fax machine are turned off. I've checked everything I can think of, is there a known reason OOMA would auto dial?

Add *99 to your Dish or Direct TV box phone section, reference the owner manual. If you have an Ooma Telo you may have to add *98 or *96 instead of *99, so that the daily communication from your Dish or Direct TV box takes place correctly and is dialed only once a day.
#100678 by richalger
Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:41 am
Thunderbird, how do I add a new thread? I got new dect 6.0 phones and the last couple of days they seem to be off the hook when no one left them off the hook
#100679 by thunderbird
Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:30 am
richalger wrote:Thunderbird, how do I add a new thread? I got new dect 6.0 phones and the last couple of days they seem to be off the hook when no one left them off the hook

Go to Board index at index.php , click on the Ooma User Support Forum, topic where you want to start a new thread, then click on the New Topic button.
#100729 by rockf16
Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:24 pm
Any other ideas? I added * 99, *98 & *96, to my Direct TV's phone prefix, none have which solved the problem. OOMA is still auto dialing.
#100735 by thunderbird
Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:52 pm
rockf16 wrote:Any other ideas? I added * 99, *98 & *96, to my Direct TV's phone prefix, none have which solved the problem. OOMA is still auto dialing.

Some people have had luck connection a DSL fiter in line, sometimes connected backwards, with the phone cord that is routed to the Direct TV box, even if you don't use DSL Internet service.

Temporarily disconnect your Direct TV phone cord to make sure that is what is Auto Dialing.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 12 guests