Ooma Telo as a NAT router?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
Bear207

Ooma Telo as a NAT router?

Post by Bear207 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:14 pm

I'm looking for details about the capabilities of the router in the Ooma Telo since it does appear to have basic functionality to operate as a small home office NAT rounter.

I've been using port forwarding for some time with a seperate router (it died) so am rearranging my entire network with the thuoght of using the Ooma as my router.

Cable modem > Telo > 24-port switch > too many toys (Roku, PS3, 3 PCs, NAS, multiple IP CCTV, security / access control system, home automation....).

Making sure the Ooma Telo is up to the task and ensuring it can manage the security necessary to protect a private network using NAT.

Thank you from a long time satisfied customer in Maine.

rpiotro

Re: Ooma Telo as a NAT router?

Post by rpiotro » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:21 am

Why not. It works just fine here. See a previous post of mine;

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13420&p=93403#p93403

As far as security goes it seems just fine. I have had both port scans and full security scans done without issues. I do tend to concentrate on application security and not rely on something else. i.e. I run mostly Macs and a Linux box in the network. My sole Windows box is well locked down.
"Well, are you talkin' about what it is you know or just repeating what it was you heard?"
Grace Slick