Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#8630 by Studly
Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:28 am
I have a couple numbers on my blacklist, and it shows on call logs that those people are blacklisted, but the calls keep getting through, and they have the same caller ID and # as are on the blacklist. I called support and they just had me uncheck and recheck the blacklist options in the Ooma lounge, but the calls are still getting through.

Anyone else have blacklisted calls getting through? Did support have any solutions?
#8704 by azism
Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:07 pm
I am seeing blocked numbers still ringing through even though there is never anyone on the line when the phone is picked up. So I guess technically the call blocking is working, however it is a real nuisance to rush to the phone only to find out the caller should have been blocked and I shouldn't, in my opinion, even be getting a ring through.
#8715 by Dennis P
Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:56 pm
A couple of things:

- Currently the blacklist does not block calls received on a landline. azism, it looks like you are setup with a landline, so blacklists will not work for you unless they come in on a virtual (secondary) number. We are adding support for blacklists on the landline soon.

- Blacklisted calls should never ring the phone. If they are still going through, please e-mail me the date/time of the call and the phone number of the caller. I will look into it.
#9311 by Dennis P
Thu May 07, 2009 11:39 pm
Studly wrote:Dennis, my blacklisted calls are getting through, but they are calling my landline, which is forwarded to my Ooma number. Shouldn't it work properly that way?

Yes, that should work. Please forward me a couple of phone numbers and timestamps of calls that shouldn't have gotten through. Thanks.
#9866 by kenra
Mon May 18, 2009 10:09 am
Dennis P wrote:
Studly wrote:Dennis, my blacklisted calls are getting through, but they are calling my landline, which is forwarded to my Ooma number. Shouldn't it work properly that way?

Yes, that should work. Please forward me a couple of phone numbers and timestamps of calls that shouldn't have gotten through. Thanks.

Dennis, like Studly, I have my landline forward to ooma. If you can fix his problem, you can probably help me too.