Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#100230 by smiltimore
Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:59 pm
Greetings all,

I've been using Ooma for quite sometime now without any issue. However, today, my Ooma just seems to have decided to quit working. When I pick up a handset, I get the off-hook signal. It's the same sound as you would get when you didn't hang up a phone all the way. There are no unusaul indicator lights on my Ooma.

I've unplugged it a couple of times and let it sit there before plugging it back in. It appears to see my router as the last time I unplugged the power I also removed the ethernet connection. When I plugged it back in, the Ooma gave the big red on the face until I plugged the ethernet back in.

I am unable to login to my Ooma through my network.

I browsed my router connections and found, what must be my Ooma device based upon MAC address, and used the applicable ip address assigned by my router. Once very interesting thing regarding the MAC address, the last octet listed in my router is different than the octet printed on the sticker on the bottom of the Ooma. So, in the router the last part is 15, where as the sticker says 14. Every other part of the MAC address is correct except for the last bit. Maybe a bad label job from the factory.

I obviously have internet access as I'm written this post here.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!
#100231 by WayneDsr
Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:26 pm
The mac address on the bottom of the Telo is the Home Network Port mac address and the other one (one number higher) is the Internet Port mac address.

What type of phone do you have connected to the Telo? A Telo handset, a wired phone, or a wireless phone? If your phone is connected to the phone port of the Telo, you might want to try a new cable. If the cable tests fine, try a different phone in place of the phone you are using.... even an old corded phone would be good for a test.

Wayne
#100235 by smiltimore
Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:35 pm
Hi Wayne,

Thank you for your reply. I had not tried disconnected my telephone from the Ooma box. After doing so, the line came back up.

Here's what it looks like. From the Ooma box, it goes to my desk phone which is just a regular old Panasonic corded phone. From the desk phone, I have it continuing on to the regular house phone wiring (yes, I am completely disconnected from the old land line service, so no risk of feedback of line voltages). It appears that some where down the line, there is a wiring fault that has developed. I going to blame either the dog or the kids. :D

As it's late, I will continue my search for the fault tomorrow. But I wanted to thank you for pointing me in the right direction!!!