Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#100148 by abqbill
Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:43 pm
Hi Ooma,

In firmware 52474 (previous firmware version), the Telo 'Allow access to web interface from WIRELESS port' setting in the Advanced section of the Ooma setup pages stayed checked or selected after a reboot. In firmware 60080, this setting no longer stays checked or selected after the Telo reboots. I have rebooted the Telo twice to verify this behavior. Need a fix for this, please.

Thanks

Bill
#100161 by abqbill
Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:04 am
Hi,

The purpose of the 'Allow access to web interface from WIRELESS port' setting is so that I can access the Ooma setup pages using the wireless adapter's IP address. Configuring port forwarding does not resolve this, because if 'Allow access to web interface from WIRELESS port' is not checked, the Telo does not listen for traffic on port 80 on the wireless adapter.

Bill
#100170 by thunderbird
Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:19 am
abqbill wrote:Hi,

The purpose of the 'Allow access to web interface from WIRELESS port' setting is so that I can access the Ooma setup pages using the wireless adapter's IP address. Configuring port forwarding does not resolve this, because if 'Allow access to web interface from WIRELESS port' is not checked, the Telo does not listen for traffic on port 80 on the wireless adapter.

Bill

My Wireless check box in Ooma Setup doesn't stay checked either.
I am using the Ooma Telo Wireless Wi-Fi USB dongle. I use the 172.27.35.1 port 80 Port Forwarding in the Ooma Setup Advanced page, and it works fine for me. I use http://192.168.xxx.xxx/, the reserved IP address, that I reserved in the Router to access Ooma Setup. (192.168.xxx.xxx), xxx.xxx are numbers of the IP address that is assigned to my Ooma Telo.

Procedure:
Modem-Router-Ooma configuration Ooma Setup Port Forwarding

To allow access to Ooma Setup from a computer connected to the router’s LAN ports or a router Wi-Fi Internet connection, do the following:

Note: An IP address must be reserved with a permanent lease, in your Router for your Ooma device for both the Wired and Wireless Internet connections. If your router isn’t capable of reserving an IP address, a static IP address can be setup in the Ooma Setup pages, but only for the Ooma wired Internet connection. The Ooma device Setup IP address Wired Internet connections instructions are located in this page below Port Forwarding instructions.

Access Ooma Setup by temporarily connecting a network cable from the Home port of the Ooma device to the wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer, if Wi-Fi is turned on in the computer. Reboot the computer. Type http:172.27.35.1 in the computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages opens.
Click on the Advanced tab at the left side of window.
Go to the bottom of the page to Port Forwarding.

Click on Add New Rule.

In the Start Port: box add 80.
In the End Port: box leave blank.
Type: is TCP. Forward to IP address: add 172.27.35.1 in the boxes.
Forward to Port: leave blank.

Click on Add Rule.

Remove power from the Modem, Router and Ooma device. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting, repower the Router. When the Router is done booting, repower the Ooma device.

To access Ooma Setup after a permanent IP address, and Port Forwarding and/or the Wireless box in the Ooma Setup Advanced page has been setup for your Ooma device; with a computer connected to one of your Router LAN ports or Router Wi-Fi, type http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx in the computer browser window. (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) is the permanent IP address that you assigned for your Ooma device. The Ooma Setup pages opens.

Note: If you are using alternately both the Wired and Wireless Internet connections, each type of connection will have its own IP address. You will use a different IP address for the Wired Ooma Telo Internet connection, and a different Wireless IP address for the Ooma Telo Wireless Internet connection.

Note: With a Modem-Router-Ooma setup, normally nothing is connected to the Ooma device Home port. This is because of file sharing and network printing access problems, when there are network printers and other computers connected to the Router's LAN ports. Connect all of your home Internet devices to the Router’s LAN.