Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#103007 by lbmofo
Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:17 pm
If this is repeatable and it happens for both numbers you have, I would take your Ooma to a friend's house with cable internet or something like that and borrow their internet/hook up your Ooma there and try. If you find no issues, then it has to do with your Uverse equipment. Get another flavor of internet to solve your problem.
#105484 by snowcrashed
Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:22 am
Hey everybody,

Just wanted to say thanks for all the help you guys tried to offer to get my problem fixed. Really hate to bring up an old subject but wanted to let you know what the fix for it was so if anybody else is having this problem, they can try it and see if it fixes their problem.

We have an HP L7680 All-in-One Printer which includes a fax machine and this turned out to be the issue. Everytime we have had a private number call the house, the phone would ring 2 times and the caller would be cut off. For 8 months now, we have thought it was something to do with the Ooma but it turns out it was the printer. A private number called today and I have heard it before but it finally made me think about it today, but when they called, around the 2nd ring, you would hear the printer click, so I started to think it had something to do with that.

Turns out, I turned the Junk Fax Blocker setting to off and tried calling the house from a private number and BINGO, it now will ring 4 times and then go to voicemail. I don't ever remember turning the setting on and it never gave us an issue when we had Time Warner and AT&T digital phone but for some reason it did with Ooma. I checked the settings and there were no numbers in the junk blocker settings so maybe private numbers are just part of the blocking feature.

Either way, turning off the Junk Fax Blocker setting to OFF fixed my problem and hopefully the man should be able to call now without an issue and place his orders.

Thanks again for the help and maybe this will help somebody out.
Charlie