Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#100121 by IPeverywhere
Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:27 pm
Twice now my Ooma Telo has both line numbers blinking red. Once this occurs, I get a dial tone but cannot get telephone network access. Calls to the Ooma ring the phone but do not connect to the person calling. Ooma buttons do not respond except the envelop button which provides a voice response. The Ooma hand set shows both lines 1 & 2 on solid. This occurred after getting a voicemail on my business line. The system locked up sometime before being called on the home line. The only way restore normal operation is to power cycle the system.

:?: What does do both Ooma telo line numbers blink red mean? How do I prevent this problem from reoccuring?

Thanks.
#100122 by lbmofo
Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:31 pm
Telo can handle 2 concurrent conversations at a time; when both 1 & 2 are lit, that means you are using both. You have to wait until 1 of them frees up to call someone or check your Ooma voicemail.
#100123 by IPeverywhere
Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:57 pm
Thanks for your reply. None of the lines were in use when the indicators where red and blinking. Something else is causing this. Both the standard wall jack telephone and the Ooma handset get a dial tone when picked up in this condition but are not able to call out. I only have two lines.
#100153 by thunderbird
Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:27 am
IPeverywhere wrote:Twice now my Ooma Telo has both line numbers blinking red. Once this occurs, I get a dial tone but cannot get telephone network access. Calls to the Ooma ring the phone but do not connect to the person calling. Ooma buttons do not respond except the envelop button which provides a voice response. The Ooma hand set shows both lines 1 & 2 on solid. This occurred after getting a voicemail on my business line. The system locked up sometime before being called on the home line. The only way restore normal operation is to power cycle the system.

:?: What does do both Ooma telo line numbers blink red mean? How do I prevent this problem from reoccuring?

Thanks.

See:
https://www.ooma.com/app/support/ooma-te ... ns-and-faq

First:
Try powering off the Ooma Telo for one hour. Then repower the Ooma Telo. This allows time from the Ooma servers to rebuild your Ooma profile.

Also do this:
o help stabilize your Ooma Internet connection turn off MAC address Spoofing, which can cause dropped calls, garbled voice, and other problems, by doing the following:
If your Ooma device is connected Modem-Ooma-Router, access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on Internet, go down to INTERNET Port MAC Address: and change setting from Automatic to Use Built In. Click on Update device. Remove power from your Modem and the Ooma Device. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting repower your Ooma device.

If your connection is Modem-Router-Ooma, temporarily connect a network cable from your Ooma device home port, to the wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer, if turned on. Reboot the computer. Access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on Internet, go down to INTERNET Port MAC Address: and change setting from Automatic to Use Built In. Click on Update device. Remove power from your Modem, your Router and Ooma Device. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting repower your Router. When the Router is done booting, repower your Ooma device.
#100184 by IPeverywhere
Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:51 am
Thanks for your reply.

:arrow: My system is connected [modem—router]—Ooma—router. The same [modem-router], which is an ATT 2wire (12 MBSP downlink), is also connected to PCs. The 2wire places the Ooma in the DMZ-plus zone. I confirmed that my Ooma already used the built-in MAC port setting.

I powered off the Ooma for over an hour and will see if things behave differently.

Thanks.

:?: PS I use the default Ooma access (setup.ooma.com/home.lp) to configure it from the Ooma-side router, but am not able to use the IP address 172.27.35.1 from either the Ooma-internet port or from the 2wire side.
#100188 by thunderbird
Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:55 am
IPeverywhere wrote:Thanks for your reply.

:arrow: My system is connected [modem—router]—Ooma—router. The same [modem-router], which is an ATT 2wire (12 MBSP downlink), is also connected to PCs. The 2wire places the Ooma in the DMZ-plus zone. I confirmed that my Ooma already used the built-in MAC port setting.

I powered off the Ooma for over an hour and will see if things behave differently.

Thanks.

:?: PS I use the default Ooma access (setup.ooma.com/home.lp) to configure it from the Ooma-side router, but am not able to use the IP address 172.27.35.1 from either the Ooma-internet port or from the 2wire side.

As long as you were able to access Ooma Setup, that the main thing.

Are you using the http:// in front of the 172.27.35.1, example http://172.27.35.1 ?