Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#99972 by 9204wilson
Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:57 pm
Hello Ooma Ipad app users,

I have been playing around with the Ooma Ipad app. At first I was having problems with call disconnecting within 30 to 60 seconds. I called customer support and the guy said to dump the app and reload it which I did. since then, I have found that the first call goes through fine and lasts for pretty much as long I want it to (10 to 15 minutes). But, calls after that first call cut off within 30 to 60 seconds. But, if I completely turn off the Ooma Ipad app between calls, the subsequent calls seem to do just fine.

I am wondering if any other Ooma Ipad app users have had any issues with using the app? Have you figured out good ways to deal with the app and the issues it presents?

Ultimately, I like that fact that I can make calls out using the app. I do wish that people could call into me and I can answer using the app but that isn't a huge issue because it rings at my cell.

By the way, I am using the Ipad 2 and the app is version 3.0.5 build 1 ACVE 3.10.2.0. I have always used the app via WIFI. I have yet to try it out using 3G. I would be interested in knowing how others have found it to work using 3G. :D

Thanks,

Rob
#110256 by EdGordonSr
Sat May 25, 2013 11:22 am
Just going through the forum... Spotted your entry...

I was using the Ooma Mobile App on my iPhone 4S with iOS 5.1.1... works well, except...

After about a week, or two... my iPhone crashed, running out of storage...
I had approximately 4Gb available before I installed the Ooma App...
The app size is 10.7Mb... yet when troubleshooting...
The Ooma app size was 3.9Gb!!
It effectively was using the remaining storage available... if I had more available, would have used that too!?

My only option was to delete it, or just keep crashing...
Since I deleted it, I haven't had any more crashes (actually, never had any crashing problems before!)...
I'm back to 4Gb available...
But now, if I try to reload, it's asking for the $9.95 again!
Is that what happened to you? Or was there no charge for you? :?:
#110262 by holmes4
Sat May 25, 2013 3:45 pm
If you bought the app, you should find it under previous purchases > Not on this iPad. Note that Apple doesn't promise that this will always be available, but I don't see them doing away with it. Make sure you're logged into the same iTunes account you used to buy it.