Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#99742 by dsinternet
Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:49 am
I ported my mother-in-law (passed away in mid July) to my home Ooma system. Porting was complete around July 27. When I call up someone with my mother-in-laws number, the outbound caller ID states her name and not mine. I looked at "My Ooma" and it says

"Caller name used for outbound calls
xxxxxxxx x" (the x's are made up letters and it shows the CORRECT caller id that I want.

I even went onto Dex website and did a reverse lookup and it came up with her name instead of mine.
What did I do if Ooma has it right, but the rest of the world sees my late mother in laws name.
#99749 by thunderbird
Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:10 am
dsinternet wrote:I ported my mother-in-law (passed away in mid July) to my home Ooma system. Porting was complete around July 27. When I call up someone with my mother-in-laws number, the outbound caller ID states her name and not mine. I looked at "My Ooma" and it says

"Caller name used for outbound calls
xxxxxxxx x" (the x's are made up letters and it shows the CORRECT caller id that I want.

I even went onto Dex website and did a reverse lookup and it came up with her name instead of mine.
What did I do if Ooma has it right, but the rest of the world sees my late mother in laws name.

Some where out there, there is a phone caller ID data base that still contains your deceased mother-in-law's name. It's probably in the phone company's data base, that the number was ported from.

I would call the old phone service provider, and Ooma to work the problem from both sides.