My OOMA Doen't Ring

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
Ringfinger

Re: My OOMA Doen't Ring

Post by Ringfinger » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:23 pm

You sure? It used to ring. The ooma unit that is. I have volume all the way up and it's not on do not disturb. Its supposed to ring, right?

murphy

Post by murphy » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:28 pm

Ringfinger wrote:You sure? It used to ring. The ooma unit that is. I have volume all the way up and it's not on do not disturb. Its supposed to ring, right?
I am absolutely positively 100% sure. TheTelo is not supposed to ring.
If you have Premier service and have call screening enabled you can listen to a voice mail being left.
If you canceled Premier service after the free trial call screening would go away.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Ringfinger

Post by Ringfinger » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:31 pm

I have premier that I am paying for. Go to my ooma>preferences>phone numbers. You can actually set the ring pattern there. Take a look.

murphy

Post by murphy » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:50 pm

Ringfinger wrote:I have premier that I am paying for. Go to my ooma>preferences>phone numbers. You can actually set the ring pattern there. Take a look.
That's the ring pattern for the phone connected to the Telo phone jack or for a Telo handset.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Ringfinger

Post by Ringfinger » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:58 pm

I have the phone jack backwired into the house wiring to nothing directly connected to ooma unit. I swear it used to ring. Am I just losing my mind?

Leeway

Post by Leeway » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:38 pm

Why not plug a phone directly into your Telo just to see if it will ring? If it does then something is amuk with the phone jack wiring.

Donna

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:55 pm

Ringfinger wrote:I have the phone jack backwired into the house wiring to nothing directly connected to ooma unit. I swear it used to ring. Am I just losing my mind?
Ooma Telo units on their own never did ring. There are no provisions for the Ooma Telo to ring by itself. Only a phone or an Ooma Telo handset connected to the Ooma Telo rings.

Ringfinger

Post by Ringfinger » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:20 pm

Okay. Must have been in my head. Thanks for all the messages. I am obviously losing my mind.