Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#99638 by Ringfinger
Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:23 pm
You sure? It used to ring. The ooma unit that is. I have volume all the way up and it's not on do not disturb. Its supposed to ring, right?
#99640 by murphy
Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:28 pm
Ringfinger wrote:You sure? It used to ring. The ooma unit that is. I have volume all the way up and it's not on do not disturb. Its supposed to ring, right?

I am absolutely positively 100% sure. TheTelo is not supposed to ring.
If you have Premier service and have call screening enabled you can listen to a voice mail being left.
If you canceled Premier service after the free trial call screening would go away.
#99641 by Ringfinger
Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:31 pm
I have premier that I am paying for. Go to my ooma>preferences>phone numbers. You can actually set the ring pattern there. Take a look.
#99643 by murphy
Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:50 pm
Ringfinger wrote:I have premier that I am paying for. Go to my ooma>preferences>phone numbers. You can actually set the ring pattern there. Take a look.

That's the ring pattern for the phone connected to the Telo phone jack or for a Telo handset.
#99644 by Ringfinger
Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:58 pm
I have the phone jack backwired into the house wiring to nothing directly connected to ooma unit. I swear it used to ring. Am I just losing my mind?
#99652 by Leeway
Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:38 pm
Why not plug a phone directly into your Telo just to see if it will ring? If it does then something is amuk with the phone jack wiring.

Donna
#99654 by thunderbird
Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:55 pm
Ringfinger wrote:I have the phone jack backwired into the house wiring to nothing directly connected to ooma unit. I swear it used to ring. Am I just losing my mind?

Ooma Telo units on their own never did ring. There are no provisions for the Ooma Telo to ring by itself. Only a phone or an Ooma Telo handset connected to the Ooma Telo rings.