Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#99423 by BBM3
Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:51 pm
I would like to turn off call waiting and voicemail on my ooma.
I would like a caller to receive a busy signal if they call while I am on another call rather than ringing until ooma voicemail picks up.
I have a Panasonic cordless phone system with an answering machine that I would like to use exclusively for messages.
I have set my ooma to max rings and my Panasonic to 6 rings before voicemail.

Thanks,
-BB
#99424 by thunderbird
Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:01 pm
BBM3 wrote:I would like to turn off call waiting and voicemail on my ooma.
I would like a caller to receive a busy signal if they call while I am on another call rather than ringing until ooma voicemail picks up.
I have a Panasonic cordless phone system with an answering machine that I would like to use exclusively for messages.
I have set my ooma to max rings and my Panasonic to 6 rings before voicemail.

Thanks,
-BB

Contact Ooma Customer Service:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#102761 by karehej
Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:25 pm
Do you know if I could have a busy signal instead of call waiting?

I requested it from OOMA Support and they claimed that a busy signal won't be possible as the OOMA system is only programmed for continuous ringing.

Eric
#102767 by thunderbird
Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:53 pm
karehej wrote:Do you know if I could have a busy signal instead of call waiting?

I requested it from OOMA Support and they claimed that a busy signal won't be possible as the OOMA system is only programmed for continuous ringing.

Eric

I just tested:
If you test right now, it will ring a few times, then go to voicemail. I never did hear the call waiting beeps.

Later:
I did hear one call waiting beep after testing again.