Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#99253 by ooster
Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:35 am
I have charter cable, the cable modem and my ooma box are in one room - but I want to move my computer and phone to another room. And I'm not allowed to run cables into that new room.

I have a usb wifi dongel for the computer - but what can I do with ooma? I can just use a cordless phone, but I like to have access to the VM on the ooma box.

I tried to just plug the ooma box into the ethernet jack on back of my computer, but it didn't work.

Is there another solution?

Thanks!
#99255 by thunderbird
Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:49 am
ooster wrote:I have charter cable, the cable modem and my ooma box are in one room - but I want to move my computer and phone to another room. And I'm not allowed to run cables into that new room.

I have a usb wifi dongel for the computer - but what can I do with ooma? I can just use a cordless phone, but I like to have access to the VM on the ooma box.

I tried to just plug the ooma box into the ethernet jack on back of my computer, but it didn't work.

Is there another solution?

Thanks!

https://www.ooma.com/products/ooma-wireless-adapter
#99258 by ooster
Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:50 am
Sadly I have the earlier ooma device - and I don't think their USB dongle works with it.
#99260 by highq
Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:38 pm
I've no experience with them, but look into "ethernet over powerline" adapters.