Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#99219 by 6037442118
Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:02 am
My Ooma logo is flashing red and when I try to make a call it simply gives me a busy signal and incoming calls go directly to voicemail. I have re-booted the cable modem, the ooma box and the router, three or four times. What other measures can I take to correct this?

PS: I have had approximately 2 years of mostly trouble free service from Ooma.
#99220 by thunderbird
Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:38 am
6037442118 wrote:My Ooma logo is flashing red and when I try to make a call it simply gives me a busy signal and incoming calls go directly to voicemail. I have re-booted the cable modem, the ooma box and the router, three or four times. What other measures can I take to correct this?

PS: I have had approximately 2 years of mostly trouble free service from Ooma.

The flashing red Ooma symbol is an indication that the Ooma Telo isn't "seeing" the Internet.

Are you able to access the webb and surf to Google with your computer browser?

If not have your Internet problems corrected.

If you can surf to Google, with the Ooma Telo powered and booted to the Red Ooma flashing symbol, go into Ooma Setup and click on the Internet tab. Click on the down arrow following Connection type: and change from Automatic to Dynamic (DHCP). Click on the Update Device button at the bottom of the page.

Remove power from the Modem, Ooma Telo and Router. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting, repower the next device in line of connection (Ooma Telo or Router). When that device is done booting, repower the last device.
#99221 by 6037442118
Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:07 am
Thank you Thunderbird for your assistance. I have not successfully navigated to the point where I should click a down arrow and change from Automatic to Dynamic. I suspect that I am not getting to the setup correctly. I have navigated to "Activation and setup" under the "Support" navigation bar. #2 on Activation and support is "Connect to Internet" There I simply find a schematic to wire to the router and Ooma device. Please advise.

Thank you
#99222 by thunderbird
Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:32 am
6037442118 wrote:Thank you Thunderbird for your assistance. I have not successfully navigated to the point where I should click a down arrow and change from Automatic to Dynamic. I suspect that I am not getting to the setup correctly. I have navigated to "Activation and setup" under the "Support" navigation bar. #2 on Activation and support is "Connect to Internet" There I simply find a schematic to wire to the router and Ooma device. Please advise.

Thank you

The procedure below gets you to Ooma Setup. While you are in Ooma Setup, change both the Internet connection from Automatic to Dynamic (DHCP), and MAC address setting as instructed the below text.

If your Ooma device is connected Modem-Ooma-Router, access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on Internet, go down to INTERNET Port MAC Address: and change setting from Automatic to Use Built In. Click on Update device. Remove power from your Modem and the Ooma Device. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting repower your Ooma device.

If your connection is Modem-Router-Ooma, temporarily connect a network cable from your Ooma device home port, to the wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer, if turned on. Reboot the computer. Access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on Internet, go down to INTERNET Port MAC Address: and change setting from Automatic to Use Built In. Click on Update device. Remove power from your Modem, your Router and Ooma Device. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting repower your Router. When the Router is done booting, repower your Ooma device.
#99224 by 6037442118
Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:53 am
Thunderbird,

I just re-booted again and the phone started working again. However the familar Ooma blue is not lighting up. There is a faint white light that appears to be dimly on. BTW, This happened to the Telo a day or two before the phone wouldn't work at all. When I hit the voicemail retrieve button, it functions but a red light lights it up.

Again, I thank you for your help and assistance
#99234 by thunderbird
Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:36 am
6037442118 wrote:Thunderbird,

I just re-booted again and the phone started working again. However the familar Ooma blue is not lighting up. There is a faint white light that appears to be dimly on. BTW, This happened to the Telo a day or two before the phone wouldn't work at all. When I hit the voicemail retrieve button, it functions but a red light lights it up.

Again, I thank you for your help and assistance

On the face of the Ooma Telo, press in the upper row, the middle Star Icon to to set the light intensity.
#99264 by racerx
Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:41 pm
please help. my unit stopped working inexplicably yesterday. i tried the changes listed and power cycled numerous times yet still get the flashing red light.
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
#99266 by murphy
Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:54 pm
racerx wrote:please help. my unit stopped working inexplicably yesterday. i tried the changes listed and power cycled numerous times yet still get the flashing red light.
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have a valid credit card on file in your my.ooma account?
If your credit card reaches its expiration date and you don't update your account with the new expiration date your service will be suspended.