Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#99012 by theresa
Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:05 pm
I have a son in a correctional facialty. He can only call collect, what do I do to except his calls.
#99021 by murphy
Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:50 am
To my knowledge no VOIP phone service provider allows collect calls.
#99042 by lbmofo
Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:07 pm
Theresa, a thread on this topic for your reference.

southsound wrote:Now as to the collect calls. My experience comes from being a recovery pastor and working with our local county jail doing recovery meetings. If these calls are from a person who is incarcerated, contact the facility to see if they have a company that allows you to prepay for calls. Here in Washington, we have one called Vconnect. They charge a flat $3.50 plus tax for a 20 minute call and you can set up any number as a receiving number.

If you need to accept collect calls from a normal phone, consider a low cost 800 service instead. I use one that costs me about a dollar a month and 2.4 cents a minute with no minimums. It does not work with correctional institutions or pay phones, but it does with everything else. Reply or PM if you would like more information.
#99125 by TopoftheRock
Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:28 am
[quote="theresa"]I have a son in a correctional facialty. He can only call collect, what do I do to except his calls.[/qu[/url]

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=2078.0

Re: Accept Collect Calls using Google Voice
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 08:03:51 PM »
In some cases where collect calls are needed, e.g. calls from prison inmates, there are additional restrictions that may force you to have a conventional landline. If that's your situation, you might consider:

1. A "lifeline", "low-use", or measured landline.
2. A landline number that remote-call-forwards to GV or other service that you have.
3. A good friend with a landline and three-way calling receives the call, accepts the charges and puts you on the line.
4. A service such as http://www.jailcalls.com/ .

Otherwise, please provide as much detail as possible (why a toll-free won't work, etc.)[url][/url]