Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#98765 by auburngrad82
Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:05 pm
I just upgraded Norton from Internet Security to Norton 360 and now I have a flashing red light on my Ooma. I suspect it may be firewall related after the upgrade but I'm not sure where to begin looking to see what might have changed. I have Windows 7 64-bit and Ooma has worked like a champ for several years now.

Any suggestions would be great.
#98769 by WayneDsr
Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:06 pm
The Ooma network has been down for a bit .. I think they're doing a network update.
#98780 by WayneDsr
Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:28 pm
auburngrad82 wrote:Thanks, I'll give it a while and see what happens. We've never noticed it go down like this before and I assumed because it followed the software upgrade that they were related.

Figures, doesn't it? You upgrade something and the whole network goes down!

Yep, still down here.

Wayne
#98784 by I_Ooma_2
Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:46 pm
How come it isn't listed in the network status thread? I noticed my Telo flashing red the other day and initially thought my Comcast internet went out (Telo is an excellent tattle-tale for that) but discovered it was the Telo that could not connect to the server. I rebooted and it seemed to come back, and soon after I went to bed. When I got home today, once again it was flashing and rebooting didn't help.

I figured it might be dying but now it looks like they are having network problems... but nothing in the status thread. :?

FWIW, I have version 59485, which isn't even listed as a firmware release.
#98803 by hamoper
Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:18 pm
When my ooma tab is blinking red, this is an indication it is receiving software updates?? Mine has been blinking red for a few minutes on three occasions within the hour but then turns back to solid blue.... :?: :)
#98804 by murphy
Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:20 pm
hamoper wrote:When my ooma tab is blinking red, this is an indication it is receiving software updates?? Mine has been blinking red for a few minutes on three occasions within the hour but then turns back to solid blue.... :?: :)

No. Ooma is having a network problem.