Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#98707 by streitms
Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:16 am
Has anyone else had a bad experience with porting? My number is coming up as disconnected, it has been for almost a week now. Seems like no one at OOMA cares. OOMA seems like a nice system when it works, but customer service doesn't respond to issues. Really how hard can it be to port a number, at least keep it in service at the old provider until you can manage to port it. Never had this experince with porting with a "REAL" phone company. They are supposed to be responding with an email, or at least that is what I keep getting told, I haven't got a single email from the porting department, I'm beginning to wonder if there actually is a porting department. I think they just charge your credit card the $40 for the port and hope that it just automatically works?
#98709 by thunderbird
Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:30 am
streitms wrote:Has anyone else had a bad experience with porting? My number is coming up as disconnected, it has been for almost a week now. Seems like no one at OOMA cares. OOMA seems like a nice system when it works, but customer service doesn't respond to issues. Really how hard can it be to port a number, at least keep it in service at the old provider until you can manage to port it. Never had this experince with porting with a "REAL" phone company. They are supposed to be responding with an email, or at least that is what I keep getting told, I haven't got a single email from the porting department, I'm beginning to wonder if there actually is a porting department. I think they just charge your credit card the $40 for the port and hope that it just automatically works?

Ask for second or third level support:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#98711 by lbmofo
Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:37 am
streitms wrote:Has anyone else had a bad experience with porting? My number is coming up as disconnected, it has been for almost a week now.

Is your port completion date a week ago? You should have received at least some communications from Ooma (via email) on your porting status; also a Voicemail left on your Ooma the day before port completion date. Check out your porting status here: https://my.ooma.com/porting_status and see where it is at.
#98719 by streitms
Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:04 am
My port status is as follows:

Step Completed Comments
Order received Received order on Jul 24, 2012
Information verified Your porting info was verified on Jul 24, 2012
Port initiated Number port is estimated to complete on or before Aug 17, 2012
Port scheduled for completion Your port is scheduled to complete on Aug 01, 2012
Port completed ACTION REQUIRED: Your porting request requires special handling. Please call 888-711-6662

I have called multiple times (at least 5), asked for a manager or higher level of support, asked to speak with the porting department directly, nothing has gotten any results.