Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#98558 by Pipsel
Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:51 am
My list of missed calls is enormous.
I forwarded my old landline to the Ooma number b/c I haven't told everyone about the new Ooma number. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. When they call the old landline number they get through. But dialing the Ooma number.... nothing.
#98559 by lbmofo
Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:55 am
Perhaps you selected an Ooma number that is problematic routing wise at least to the landline company that services your work phone. You can call these carriers that have trouble reaching your Ooma number and complain that you can't call a working number. However, since you don't care what your Ooma number is and you seem like you're still under premier trial, go to my Ooma com and go to preferences, phone numbers and pick another Ooma number to see if that works better. If so, call Ooma customer service later and tell them that your 1st number has issues with people trying to reach you and request them to remove it from your account.
#98631 by 2spirit
Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:20 am
The "Do Not Disturb" function may have been activated. Press the envelope key on the Telo until it turns blue.
#98643 by chucknyc
Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:24 am
2spirit wrote:The "Do Not Disturb" function may have been activated. Press the envelope key on the Telo until it turns blue.

that doesnt seem to be what is causing it but thank you. i can see that happening
#98645 by thunderbird
Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:25 am
chucknyc wrote:My Ooma sends calls directly to voicemail even if no one is on the phone. How do i stop this

In most cases when an Ooma phone system call goes directly to voicemail, when not on a call, either the Do Not Disturb (Envelop) button) needs to be pushed until the Envelop Icon turn yellow. Then push it again until the Envelop Icon turns blue. Then test by call your Ooma phone number with your cell phone.

Next: If that doesn't help, power off the Ooma Telo for One hour. Then repower the Ooma Telo and test.

Last: If that still doesn't help, do the following:
Run http://speedtest.phonepower.com/ to see how your modem and Internet connection is doing. Then click on the Advance tab on the lower left side of the Phonepower page, and post the following values here in this thread, by clicking on "Quote" in the upper right hand corner of this Ooma Forum post. Then fill in the blanks.

Download Speed: ________________
Upload Speed: ________________
Download Consistency of Service ________
Upload Consistency of Service _________
Maximum TCP Delay _____________
Jitter you server __________
Jitter server you _________
Packet loss: you server_______
Packet loss: server you ______
Packet discards _________
Packets out of order _________
Estimated MOS score ________
#98703 by Pipsel
Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:38 am
lbmofo wrote:Perhaps you selected an Ooma number that is problematic routing wise at least to the landline company that services your work phone. You can call these carriers that have trouble reaching your Ooma number and complain that you can't call a working number. However, since you don't care what your Ooma number is and you seem like you're still under premier trial, go to my Ooma com and go to preferences, phone numbers and pick another Ooma number to see if that works better. If so, call Ooma customer service later and tell them that your 1st number has issues with people trying to reach you and request them to remove it from your account.

I'm wondering if you really know what you are talking about, or do you answer so often so people see your ebates link? I'm not
However, since you don't care what your Ooma number is and you seem like you're still under premier trial,

Do we know each other, did I ever tell you I don't care what Ooma number I'm on? And I'm not even under premier!

Yeah, I'll call Ooma customer service and HOPE I will get a rep that really wants to help me instead of selling me something.
#98718 by lbmofo
Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:55 am
Pipsel, I am trying to help. If not welcome, that's fine.

Pipsel wrote:I forwarded my old landline to the Ooma number b/c I haven't told everyone about the new Ooma number.

Perhaps, I misinterpretted this as you didn't give out your Ooma number.

In either case, I've given you your options to consider.