Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#98561 by lbmofo
Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:45 am
Pipsel wrote:
lbmofo wrote:tekram, seems like you are running your Hub in landline integration mode right?

Did you change walljack where Hub gets landline dialtone from to the "wall" port? Did you have a DSL filter before but now don't?

I hope this is a joke. Honestly guys, this stuff should just work! Without rebooting, pulling out wall port and other crap.
What a joke.

Since you are in Canada, I doubt your Telo has "wall" port next to the "phone" port on the back. Older devices from Ooma allowed you to use your landline number (and not get an Ooma number assigned) when using Ooma. Don't think you need to worry about this configuration.
#98563 by tekram
Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:14 am
Pipsel wrote:
lbmofo wrote:tekram, seems like you are running your Hub in landline integration mode right?

Did you change walljack where Hub gets landline dialtone from to the "wall" port? Did you have a DSL filter before but now don't?

I hope this is a joke. Honestly guys, this stuff should just work! Without rebooting, pulling out wall port and other crap.
What a joke.
No, no joke. These units do go bad eventually. I have tried resetting it a dozen times. I have even tried the 30-30-30 hard reset normally used to hard reset routers after flashing to DDWRT firmware. Nothing seems to be able to bring back the ringing functionality of the Ooma. Changing DSL filters did not improve anything.

The Ooma is still able to call out and luckily we still have subscription to local Telco service so that a regular phone plugged into the wall can still receive calls - so we use two sets of phones for now, one for receiving and one for calling. We will use the Ooma this way until it completely fails - it has been a good 3 years of good use. Thank you to everybody who suggested fixes.
#98564 by thunderbird
Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:57 am
tekram:
Disconnect all cables and phone cords from the Ooma hub.

Then temporarily connect the power adpater cord, the network cable to from the Modem to the Ooma Hub Modem port, and only a corded phone that is different from any phone you have used so far, to the Ooma Hub phone port.

Using your cell phone or other phone line phone, call your Ooma number. Does it still ring and ring?

If it still rings and rings, there is probably a routing problem on the Ooma side and you need to contact Ooma Customer Service to have them correct the problem.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#98568 by lbmofo
Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:52 am
thunderbird wrote:tekram:
Disconnect all cables and phone cords from the Ooma hub.

Then temporarily connect the power adpater cord, the network cable to from the Modem to the Ooma Hub Modem port, and only a corded phone that is different from any phone you have used so far, to the Ooma Hub phone port.

Using your cell phone or other phone line phone, call your Ooma number. Does it still ring and ring?

If it still rings and rings, there is probably a routing problem on the Ooma side and you need to contact Ooma Customer Service to have them correct the problem.

Customer Support

thunderbird, tekram is in landline integration mode so there is no incoming routing by Ooma.

tekram, one more thing, plug a phone into the walljack that feeds Ooma's "Wall" port to make sure your landline dialtone is still there and working.
#98720 by tekram
Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:47 am
lbmofo wrote:
Customer Support

thunderbird, tekram is in landline integration mode so there is no incoming routing by Ooma.

tekram, one more thing, plug a phone into the walljack that feeds Ooma's "Wall" port to make sure your landline dialtone is still there and working.
Thank you all. Still no call in except from another Ooma. This suggests that there is some kind of routing problem by Ooma? So all the calls originating from phones other than another Ooma will not get routed to our Ooma connected phone, but if the originating call is another Ooma, then everything seems to work fine.
#98728 by lbmofo
Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:09 pm
tekram wrote:
lbmofo wrote:
Customer Support

Thank you all. Still no call in except from another Ooma. This suggests that there is some kind of routing problem by Ooma? So all the calls originating from phones other than another Ooma will not get routed to our Ooma connected phone, but if the originating call is another Ooma, then everything seems to work fine.

When in landline integration mode, all incoming calls and outgoing toll free, local, 911 calls go through your landline. (I didn't know that incoming calls from another Ooma would not go through landline but it makes perfect sense to directly route Ooma to Ooma). Hence, I think it is your Ooma device circuitry in ring detection that's gone bad (only my guess).
#98729 by thunderbird
Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:21 pm
tekram:
To find out for sure:
I would contact Ooma Customer support and have them, for troubleshooting, temporarily change your Ooma setup from landline integration mode, to the normal mode so that you can connect a phone to the Ooma device Phone port, then call your Ooma number to test, or have Ooma Customer support call your number for testing.
#98778 by skypros
Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:23 pm
I have had my Hub since September 2009,
I have never had a problem with it..... Today a friend tried to call and said it would not go through.
I called my ooma # and it went to some "operator" message....... I then went in a did a soft reset to the ooma hub... and now it just goes to voice mail.

The ooma hub is working fine for out going calls..... AND incoming calls will come in via my google voice (my google voice is set to ring to my ooma).

So something is up.
#98793 by nasbahi1
Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:06 pm
Check out my chat response with a customer service agent...OOMA is currently experiencing an outage. The conversation below took place on 8/6/12 at 9:00 PM CST.

Benjamin: Thank you for your question, one moment please while I access that information.
Benjamin: We are currently experiencing an outage that is impacting a large number of our customers. We are aware of the problem and hope to have it resolved soon. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Please try again after two hours, thank you.
Benjamin has disconnected.
#98795 by Tato97
Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:07 pm
Same exact problem as above, not able to call out as of this afternoon. Some call ring and go to voice message as per setup (5 rings, but the house phone never rings). Other calls go strait to voice message and yet sometimes t goes strait to account setup. Again phone is not ringing. Powered down the hub and still with same issue.

Agree, something is up...