Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#98303 by woodbutcher
Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:44 am
I am required to have a landline connection to my DISH network system. Since I have had Ooma, I have not been able to order a movie with the system remote, because the system tells me it cannot get a dial tone. Apparently, the DISH computer senses the Ooma musical notes before the dial tone starts and decides that there is no dial tone. DISH support does not have any answers for this problem. Is there any way to get around it so that I can order On-demand movies?
#98305 by lbmofo
Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:22 am
Did you properly (disconnected your house phone wiring from the telephone company) distribute your Ooma dialtone throughout the house so your dish receiver gets Ooma dialtone?

If so, you can program your dish receiver to dial *99 first before dialing out.

Or you can get your dish receiver internet access via wifi bridge or powerline ethernet adapter (although, I am not certain if on demand movies can be ordered via ethernet internet connection of the receiver): viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13450&start=20#p97898
#98314 by thunderbird
Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:53 am
woodbutcher wrote:Thanks, I'll check into that. I have tried the *99, and that didn't help.
Butch

At the Dish box unplug the phone cord from the dish box, connect it to a phone and make sure you can call and receive calls. Reconnect the phone cord to the Dish box.

If you have an Ooma Telo, use *98 as the phone number prefix.
#98318 by woodbutcher
Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:21 am
Yes, I tested it with a working phone. It has a dial tone, and I noticed that the dial tone sounds all through the musical notes the Ooma system uses. I do have an Ooma Hub, though. Thanks for the input.
Butch
#98322 by thunderbird
Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:52 am
woodbutcher wrote:Yes, I tested it with a working phone. It has a dial tone, and I noticed that the dial tone sounds all through the musical notes the Ooma system uses. I do have an Ooma Hub, though. Thanks for the input.
Butch

For the Ooma Hub, see if you can add **99 for the prefix to the Dish phone number prefix.
#98323 by woodbutcher
Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:54 am
It looks like I may have to go back to renting movies in town. The wifi bridge and the power line ethernet device are going to need ethernet connections. I can't find one on my DVR box anywhere.
#98325 by lbmofo
Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:56 am
Dish may upgrade your DVR for free if renting.
#98327 by thunderbird
Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:00 pm
woodbutcher wrote:Thunderbird, I entered *99. That didn't change anything, though.
Butch

Could you enter Star, Star 99, (**99)?