Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#97387 by Cut-Throat
Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:50 am
Update.....This morning I remembered that I have a wireless dongle for the Ooma, and I was wondering if that might work. So I hooked up laptop to the ooma, and configured it to attach to my router wirelessly, and the thing took off and worked perfectly. So at least I have phone service until I get a solution.

The only thing I can think of is that plugging in the ooma power cord (which did cause a visible spark)..fried the Ethernet port connection on the ooma.
#97389 by thunderbird
Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:05 am
Cut-Throat wrote:Update.....This morning I remembered that I have a wireless dongle for the Ooma, and I was wondering if that might work. So I hooked up laptop to the ooma, and configured it to attach to my router wirelessly, and the thing took off and worked perfectly. So at least I have phone service until I get a solution.

The only thing I can think of is that plugging in the ooma power cord (which did cause a visible spark)..fried the Ethernet port connection on the ooma.

Procedure to force a wired Internet connection:
With a Modem-Router-Ooma connection, go into Ooma Setup and click on the Internet tab. Then following Connection Type: click on the down arrow and select Dynamic (DHCP). Then click on Update device. Remove power from the Modem, Router, and Ooma Telo. Repower the Modem. Then Repower the Router when the Modem is done booting. When the Router is done booting, repower the Ooma Telo.
#97392 by Cut-Throat
Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:28 am
thunderbird wrote:Procedure to force a wired Internet connection:
With a Modem-Router-Ooma connection, go into Ooma Setup and click on the Internet tab. Then following Connection Type: click on the down arrow and select Dynamic (DHCP). Then click on Update device. Remove power from the Modem, Router, and Ooma Telo. Repower the Modem. Then Repower the Router when the Modem is done booting. When the Router is done booting, repower the Ooma Telo.

I did this, but the ooma still would not work. Then I booted it up wireless again and it is fine.

Thanks for your help.
#97394 by thunderbird
Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:45 am
Cut-Throat wrote:
thunderbird wrote:Procedure to force a wired Internet connection:

I did this, but the ooma still would not work. Then I booted it up wireless again and it is fine.

Thanks for your help.

Cut-Throat you have a very interesting problem. I have never heard of anyone else being able to connect the Ooma Telo to the Internet through the USB port, but not able to connect the Ooma Telo through the Internet port.

This will be another one of those things that can be suggested to test when an Ooma Telo won't boot because of a lighening strike.