Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#97355 by Cut-Throat
Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:21 am
I lost power in my house. Now my Ooma is blinking Orange. I re-booted the Ooma Machine and it does a lot of Blinking Lights until finally the Orange Logo is blinking and I don't have a Dial tone. I have a Green LED lit on the back of the Ooma indicating that I have a Network Connection. I have re-booted numerous times.

Any suggestions?
#97361 by lbmofo
Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:18 am
thunderbird wrote:Go into Ooma Setup and click on Internet. At Connection Type: click the down arrow and select Dynamic (DHCP). Click on Update Device.

Then reboot everything again.
FYI, last time this happend to my Ooma, I simply switched router LAN port of Ooma with another device.
#97362 by thunderbird
Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:32 am
Cut-Throat wrote:I lost power in my house. Now my Ooma is blinking Orange. I re-booted the Ooma Machine and it does a lot of Blinking Lights until finally the Orange Logo is blinking and I don't have a Dial tone. I have a Green LED lit on the back of the Ooma indicating that I have a Network Connection. I have re-booted numerous times.
Any suggestions?

Are you using DSL Interent service with PPPoE?

Are you using an Ooma Telo?
If so remove power from the Ooma Telo, then temporarily disconnect the network cables (Internet port and Home port), anything connected to the Ooma USB port, and any thing connected to the Phone port and Wall port. With only the power adapter connected, repower the Ooma Telo. It should boot to the Red Flashing Ooma symbol.
Next remove power from the Modem and Ooma Telo, then temporarily connect a network cable from the Modem to the Internet port of the Ooma Telo. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting, repower the Ooma Telo. Report if you get or don't get the blue Ooma Symbol.
If you get the blue Ooma symbol, remove power from the Modem, Ooma Telo, Router, and connect as you were connected before. Then repower everything in the order of connection, starting from the Internet side (Modem).
#97364 by Cut-Throat
Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:18 am
Here is an update.......I contacted Ooma Customer Spport and after talking to 4 different Reps and doing another 2 hours of troubleshooting/phone wait time.......The rep finally offered to send me a new Ooma. And it will only take 5-7 business day to arrive....So, I have no Phone service for this time period.

The trouble shooting methods that they have you go through are time consuming and very frustrating. They have no method to verify their hardware over the internet....Very frustrating and Not acceptable in this day and age of technology. Even after your problem has been escalated to advanced tech support, they ask you questions about your internet service that the average person cannot answer, and they tell you contact your internet provider for the answers. This is even after your System has worked for 7 months! Prepare to spend 2-4 hours if your Ooma fails. When Hardware does fail, they need to overnight a new Ooma, 5-7 business days is just not acceptable!

..Any money that I save on Phone Bills over the next 5 years will not be worth the experience that I had this morning. I assumed incorrectly that Ooma would treat the warranty on their machine with more concern, since phone service is somewhat of an infrastructure service....If any of you are paying for warranty service, you would be better off to just buy another Ooma than to go through what I did.

Now I have to figure out how to get my original phone service and number back from THE PHONE COMPANY.
#97366 by lbmofo
Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:08 am
I hope cooler heads will prevail here after a bit. It is common to spend some time occasionally to make things work with anything related to tech. Keeping Ooma is the right answer here.

Definitely not worth paying a bunch of money out of pocket month after month unnecessarily.
#97370 by thunderbird
Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:53 pm
Cut-Throat wrote:The trouble shooting methods that they have you go through are time consuming and very frustrating. They have no method to verify their hardware over the internet

With the Ooma Telo Internet port connected to the Modem, and then allowing the Ooma Telo to boot as far as it will boot, you can go to Ooma Setup, and view the Status page. (If you don't know how to access Ooma Setup, I can provide those instructions).

The Status page will tell you if an IP address is loading for the Internet Port or Wireless port, which ever you are using.

It will tell you if the Ooma Tunnel is connected. If the Ooma Tunnel isn't connected, it means there probably is a problem on the Ooma Server side in your Ooma Profile.