Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#96755 by oostburg
Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:43 am
I will occasionally find my Telo with only the blue Ooma logo lit. I have all the lights turned off, but then the logo will be lit all by itself. Everything else seems to work. If I adjust the lights, the Ooma logo will turn off with the others, but it re-appears in a few days. Is this a sign of any problems?
#96768 by thunderbird
Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:20 pm
oostburg wrote:I will occasionally find my Telo with only the blue Ooma logo lit. I have all the lights turned off, but then the logo will be lit all by itself. Everything else seems to work. If I adjust the lights, the Ooma logo will turn off with the others, but it re-appears in a few days. Is this a sign of any problems?

Try an Ooma Telo Factory Reset:
Dial *#*#099 on the phone attached to Telo to issue a factory reset.
A recording will come on the line and ask if you really want to do a factory reset. Press 1 for yes, and press 2 or hang up for no. After pressing 1, you will hear a busy signal. After hanging up, the number 1 light stays lit yellow on the face of the Ooma Telo. After a short period of time, only the number 1 & 2 lights remain lit blue. Then after more time, the Ooma Telo goes into the boot sequence, and comes back on line.

If you are using an Ooma Wi-Fi dongle, you have to access Ooma Setup and rescan for the Wi-Fi network before a Wi-Fi connection can be made. The same is true for DSL, if you have to enter Connection type PPoE and a Name and Password for the Internet provider connection. You will have to reset MAC address to Use Built In, reset your Quality of Service Upstream/Downstream Internet Speed settings, and Bluetooth settings if you are using Ooma’s USB Bluetooth dongle.

If the problem continues, and your Ooma device is within the one year warranty period, I'd contact Ooma Customer support and see about getting a replacement Ooma device.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#96791 by dsinternet
Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:54 am
oostburg wrote:I will occasionally find my Telo with only the blue Ooma logo lit. I have all the lights turned off, but then the logo will be lit all by itself. Everything else seems to work. If I adjust the lights, the Ooma logo will turn off with the others, but it re-appears in a few days. Is this a sign of any problems?

I have seen the same thing on my Telo. I did not think it was a problem. At first I thought Ooma had updated my Telo and was letting me know. Then I was thinking it had something to do with voice mail. But I don't think that's it either. In any case I really don't think it's a problem. Maybe Ooma can tell us the reason our Telos light up sometimes?
#96831 by dsinternet
Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:44 am
Woke up this morning and found the Solid Blue Ooma logo lit again. I wonder what Ooma is trying to tell me. It does not look like it updated anything. Anyone else have this happen or is it just a few of us?
#97363 by Charles R
Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:12 am
I just had the logo light up blue. I think it did it months ago as well... it's been far too long to remember any details. Everything continues to work fine.

I unplugged it for 10 minutes and after it got done rebooting the logo (all by itself) still remained lit. Cycling through the light options turned it off (for now).
#98646 by ba_rt
Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:26 am
Have the same thing happening. Since everything seems to working fine when this happens, I though it indicated that some change or update has occurred. Can anyone from Ooma confirm?
#98699 by Dr. Zoltar
Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:29 pm
I had always assumed it was an update pushed to the Telo unit. In fact, it happened to me this past Friday and now I'm having issues connecting to the internet via my computer. Before that, no problem what-so-ever.
#119807 by oostburg
Mon May 05, 2014 1:50 pm
This continues to happen. Now I find the Ooma logo lit all by itself a few times each day. I turn it off, and it re-appears again. This is NOT a problem, but I am curious as to what causes it, or what it signifies.