Ooma rings me back after I hang up

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
ric_barline

Ooma rings me back after I hang up

Post by ric_barline » Mon May 28, 2012 4:31 pm

This has happened now every time I leave a VM on someone else's machine, or listen to an automated message and then hang up ... Ooma rings me back after I hang up. The call is still connected, perhaps waiting for a response from me, I don't know. This is not how AT&T worked - when I hung up, the call just disconnected. But Ooma rings me back instead. I found that if I pick up the handset and hit the # key, then hang up, it stops ringing me back, and I am doing that a lot. What's going on??? I would love to stop this from happening. Thanks.

thunderbird

Re: Ooma rings me back after I hang up

Post by thunderbird » Mon May 28, 2012 4:36 pm

ric_barline wrote:This has happened now every time I leave a VM on someone else's machine, or listen to an automated message and then hang up ... Ooma rings me back after I hang up. The call is still connected, perhaps waiting for a response from me, I don't know. This is not how AT&T worked - when I hung up, the call just disconnected. But Ooma rings me back instead. I found that if I pick up the handset and hit the # key, then hang up, it stops ringing me back, and I am doing that a lot. What's going on??? I would love to stop this from happening. Thanks.
Try rebooting the Ooma Telo, then test.

If that doesn't work, remove power from the Ooma Telo for One hour. Then repower the Ooma Telo and test.

normanh

Post by normanh » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:17 pm

I have this problem REPEATEDLY. I have tried to contact ooma support and they have failed to help with this issue. They tell me to power down the ooma device and reboot it. I have done that. The problem REPEATS, but intermittently. They seem unable to reproduce it. This is some issue with the Ooma service that they need to repair. Additionally, if you attempt to hang the phone up and dial someone else, you receive an automated message that " The Instant Second Line is only available with OOMA Premier Service" I was not trying to use a second line. I was trying to HANG my phone up, pick it up and make a Different call and it still fails to disconnect. :|

murphy

Post by murphy » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:23 pm

normanh wrote:I have this problem REPEATEDLY. I have tried to contact ooma support and they have failed to help with this issue. They tell me to power down the ooma device and reboot it. I have done that. The problem REPEATS, but intermittently. They seem unable to reproduce it. This is some issue with the Ooma service that they need to repair. Additionally, if you attempt to hang the phone up and dial someone else, you receive an automated message that " The Instant Second Line is only available with OOMA Premier Service" I was not trying to use a second line. I was trying to HANG my phone up, pick it up and make a Different call and it still fails to disconnect. :|
You need to hang up and leave it hung up for a longer period of time.
Pushing and releasing the hook switch is called a flash and it is used to switch lines.
Even though you don't have two lines the hardware for two lines is there.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:57 pm

To make sure you hang up, depress the hook switch using your finger for more than a second or 2. viewtopic.php?t=13998#p97581
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Telo & Hub
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 100 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: SB6141/R6700/Ooma
MainStreetSHARES Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!

ric_barline

Post by ric_barline » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:17 am

Based on the replies to this thread I tested it again and I agree that it does not ring back if I hang up more carefully, so it appears to be a "bounce" of the receiver when I toss it back into the cradle. Thanks everyone! :D