Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#8202 by Scott R
Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:34 pm
Inbound calls appear to be mostly *not* working today. After calling ooma customer support, they tried to call me and got through to me fine. I tried rebooting and calling my number (from my cell) and it went through fine, too. But when back on the phone with ooma support, I tried calling my number again, and I got the "We are unable to complete your call at this time. Please try again later" message. So then I thought that maybe the "main" problem was fixed by the reboot, but now just call waiting wasn't working. But after hanging up with ooma support, I tried calling again (about 3 times) and got the error message every time. Then on the 4th or 5th try, it went through. So it looks like inbound calls are working intermittently, but mostly *not* working (every 5th attempt isn't a good average).

Anyone else experiencing this today? And for the ooma support folks monitoring the forums: Do you have any information as to what's going on?
Last edited by Scott R on Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#8210 by supafuzz
Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:08 pm
I am having the same inbound call problem in Lisbon, Maine. The message I get is "All circuits are busy". No problem calling out though.
#8213 by Dennis P
Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:24 pm
We have confirmation from the local carrier that the problem does extend to ME and CT. I'll be updating the status page to reflect this.
#8226 by Dennis P
Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:19 pm
Our carrier is reporting that CT, NH and ME should be back up (it appears that NY was never down). Can you guys confirm?

Redial# - I'll look at your problem separately. It sounds like that issue predates today, so probably has a different cause.
#8232 by Scott R
Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:35 pm
Unless I need to reboot my ooma to completely clear up this problem, it still doesn't appear to be fixed for me. I just tried calling my home number from my cell phone twice and got the error message both times. Calling out still works fine.
#8255 by Scott R
Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:42 am
Things started working again late last night. After a few calls with support, it seems like my problem depended on the source of the incoming calls. It looks like calls from my Sprint phones wouldn't go through, but calls from support's AT&T phones did. A friend of mine couldn't get through earlier, and I think he was calling from a Verizon phone. My wife was also able to get through when calling from a landline earlier in the day.

Anyways, later last night my Sprint phones were able to connect through as well.

To the support folks monitoring/participating in this thread: Can you provide some added details as to the cause of this and what, if any, measures are being implemented to minimize/eliminate this type of problem going forward?
#8273 by Dennis P
Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:06 am
We are told that the inbound calling problems in Connecticut were due to a fiber cut, which affected the carrier that handles some of our incoming calls in that region. There is nothing that can really be done to prevent this type of situation. There was a more publicized fiber cut in California recently, you ca see what kind of effect this can have on our telecommunication infrastructure:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-10216939-94.html