Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#95694 by thunderbird
Tue May 08, 2012 11:20 pm
Ringfinger wrote:Well, I see one other person on channel 1 but it is a weak signal. I changed to channel one and I changed to 20MHz spread. Seems okay except now I peak at 130 MBps instead of the 300 I "theoretically" had with 40 MHz however I am taking everyones work for it that I am better off.

Ringfinger wrote:For some reason, I still can't access the Ooma wirelessly by typing in the IP address I assigned it even though when I plug in via ethernet I can see the port 80 forwarding rule. Can anyone walk me through this process in regards to having the wi-fi dongle attached instead of ethernet? Seems like it should not make a difference but bottom line, how do I ensure the static IP is accessible via wi-fi? Seems it is not being forwarded somehow.

Make sure that you reserve an IP address for the Ooma Wireless Wi-Fi Dongle in your Router.
Access Ooma setup. Click on the advanced tab. Put a check mark in the box located in front of:
Allow access to web interface from WIRELESS port, which is located just above Port Forwarding.
Click on Update. Then type in you computer browser window, the IP address that you reserved for your Ooma Wireless Wi-Fi Dongle, example: http://192.186.0.xxx
Ringfinger wrote:As far as dropping out, I have 85 to 100/100 signal quality when I look in setup.ooma.com. About 60-75% signal strength which I assume should be fine?

Access Ooma Setup. Click on the Status tab, then the Wireless tab under Status.
Go down to Signal Level. Example mine is -41 dBm. The lower the number (towards zero) the better.
"Typical "MAXIMUM" received signal power (−10 to −30 dBm) of wireless network"
#95696 by Ringfinger
Wed May 09, 2012 4:07 am
I tried and tried, I cannot access wirelessly even with your suggestions. Yes, The IP is reserved, yes I have the port forwarded. I have not been able to access it since I hooked up the wi-fi dongle. Don't know what else to do.

My signal says -59, is that bad? I get like 85-100% signal out of 100 according to the Ooma Telo.
#95697 by lbmofo
Wed May 09, 2012 4:58 am
To get to the Ooma setup page, are you surfing to the IP that's assigned to the wifi adapter?
#95774 by lbmofo
Fri May 11, 2012 12:51 pm
Your wifi adapter and Ooma internet port has different MAC addresses so your router assigned IP would be different. Surf to the IP that the wifi adapter got assigned and you'd be able to access the setup page I think.
#95793 by nebebo
Sat May 12, 2012 6:12 am
Hey,
I am not sure if this is the right group for this or not but...
the past 3 or 4 months these are the problems i have been having with my ooma telo.
1 slow internet. I use comcast 20meg wired
2 the lights on the ooma will disapear and only the line 1 & 2 will appear but everything still works.
3 it blocks (no dial tone) on all my phones except for the ooma telos
4 no internet connection via wired or wireless, no phones except on the telos

could it be my unit is shorting out after 3 or 4 years? if so do we get discounts on replacement units?

Could someone help me?
Last edited by nebebo on Sat May 12, 2012 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
#95794 by murphy
Sat May 12, 2012 6:38 am
Read what you posted. It says 24/5 not 24/7.
#95796 by thunderbird
Sat May 12, 2012 8:35 am
nebebo wrote:Hey,
I am not sure if this is the right group for this or not but...
the past 3 or 4 months these are the problems i have been having with my ooma telo.
1 slow internet. I use comcast 20meg wired
2 the lights on the ooma will disapear and only the line 1 & 2 will appear but everything still works.
3 it blocks (no dial tone) on all my phones except for the ooma telos
4 no internet connection via wired or wireless, no phones except on the telos

could it be my unit is shorting out after 3 or 4 years? if so do we get discounts on replacement units?
Ooma Chat Tech Support was no Help today (saturday) there website said they are now 24/7 chat tech support. :?:

Could someone help me?

Ooma Telo Factory Reset:
Dial *#*#099 on the phone attached to Telo to issue a factory reset.
A recording will come on the line and ask if you really want to do a factory reset. Press 1 for yes, and press 2 or hang up for no. After pressing 1, you will hear a busy signal. After hanging up, the number 1 light stays lit yellow on the face of the Ooma Telo. After a short period of time, only the number 1 & 2 lights remain lit blue. Then after more time, the Ooma Telo goes into the boot sequence, and comes back on line.

If you are using an Ooma Wi-Fi dongle, you have to access Ooma Setup and rescan for the Wi-Fi network before a Wi-Fi connection can be made. The same is true for DSL, if you have to enter Connection type PPoE and a Name and Password for the Internet provider connection. You will have to reset MAC address to Use Built In, reset your Quality of Service Upstream/Downstream Internet Speed settings, and Bluetooth settings if you are using Ooma’s USB Bluetooth dongle.

Next:
Power off the Ooma device for one hour. This allows time for the Ooma servers to reload/correct/reset your Ooma profile. Then repower the Ooma device and test.

Next:
There may be a confict between the Ooma Telo and your Wi-Fi in your Router. For this, you have to access the Wi-Fi channel settings in your Router and change from Automatic, to one of the listed frequencies. If your first chose doesn't help, try the next frequency, and so on...... until you have success.
#95833 by Ringfinger
Mon May 14, 2012 5:31 am
lbmofo wrote:Your wifi adapter and Ooma internet port has different MAC addresses so your router assigned IP would be different. Surf to the IP that the wifi adapter got assigned and you'd be able to access the setup page I think.

Between the dropouts daily and this whole issue, I will be returning the wi-fi adapter and going back to power line and see how that works. It worked fine in the past so I would assume it would do so again now. I just hate to see that red flashing symbol all the time and no matter what I do, it does not get better.