Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#95624 by Ringfinger
Mon May 07, 2012 9:55 am
Seems ever since I went to wi-fi from powerline ethernet, I lose phone sercice daily, it reboots on it's own, it flahes the red ooma symbol and 1 and 2 stay lit, sometimes it just reboots and I see a bright "brightness" icon that alerts me that in happened, etc,

I have 50-75% symbol according to setup.ooma.com so I know I have a decent wi-fi signal.

Please help, all was fine prior from what I recall.
#95626 by thunderbird
Mon May 07, 2012 10:25 am
If you were loosing the Internet Wi-Fi signal, the Ooma Telo would just flash red until the signal came back. Then in most cases the Ooma Telo would automatically reconnect and the Ooma symbol would turn blue again. The Ooma Telo rebooting on it's own is either an Ooma Telo problem or a problem with the power in your home.
Temporarily connect your Ooma Telo using the network cable for a few days, to make sure it's not some other problem.
#95629 by Ringfinger
Mon May 07, 2012 10:37 am
Sometimes it does just flash red, but seems stuck that was until I unplug and replug the unit. Sometimes I come home and the brightness button is illuminated brighter than others indicating a reboot has occurred. I have had the until 3 months, no problems until now.

Like I said, sometimes a red flash and either stuck there or automatically corrects itself, sometimes a total reboot, sometimes all lights but the 1 and 2 and the ooma flashing red go out, which I assume means it is reconnecting? This is frustrating, 2x alone yesterday.
#95634 by thunderbird
Mon May 07, 2012 12:44 pm
Sounds like your Internet signal is momentarily starting and stopping, or is intermittent.

Try removing power from your Modem. Then Repower the Modem.

Note: The Ooma Wi-Fi for some people doesn't always reconnect by itself when the Internet signal is interrupted.
#95636 by lbmofo
Mon May 07, 2012 12:54 pm
Ringfinger, have you tried reserving DHCP IP for your wifi adapter MAC and making that reservation forever (never expiring)?
#95643 by Ringfinger
Mon May 07, 2012 4:29 pm
I have a static IP address assigned to my Ooma wifi dongle using the dongle's MAC ID. Shows a lease of static and uptime of 36 mins. It just did it again 1/2 hour ago so that is why such a short time. Strange enough I cannot access it wirelessly by IP address or setup.ooma.com. I am getting frustrated now. (scratch that, when I unplug and replug it I can, so why is that? but not all the time however the router shows the receive and transmit signal to Ooma to be ver good and quite high, like 150 Mbps (I know that is not internet speed, just wi-fi speed))

The symptom is flashing red, 1 and 2 button illuminated, and trashcan and mailbox icon. Then the trashcan and mailbox go out, still blinking red, then all is better again. My guess is I am losing internet hoever signal is good and no issue with other wireless clients. That is why I am so concerned.

The brightness icon is only when I power down and power back up so power seems constant, if not, I would have housewide issues. (scratch that, even when I repower it does not get bright so can't explain that one, actually, it is the volume one that does that when I repower but it seems that is not what is going on)
#95644 by murphy
Mon May 07, 2012 5:02 pm
The trashcan and mailbox icons means it is unable to get a network connection.
The 1 and 2 icons means it is unable to register to the Ooma network which it can't do until it has a connection.

Have you done a wireless survey of your location and picked a channel that is not crowded?
If your router has it's wireless channel set to auto, change it to a manually selected channel so it can'r change channels anytime it feels like it. That would cause the Telo to go offline while it searches for the new channel.
#95645 by Ringfinger
Mon May 07, 2012 5:20 pm
I have actually done a survey and I use channel 6 that also goes to 1 as well as I have the Channel Width at 40 MHz so sometimes it is on both channels for speed. Seems to be only on one however since I get a 150 Mbps which means it is using one of the channels (300 MHz when using both I believe). Yes, since it is 2.4 GHz there is a lot of local traffic.

It is doing this constantly this whole channel 6 and 1 at the same time and back to 6 only, then 6 and 1.
#95649 by Ringfinger
Mon May 07, 2012 5:53 pm
So, by doing this it will only be on channel 6. It will reduce overall network speed I thought? Will doing so help my situation however? I hate messing with this setting but if you think it will me from disconnecting?