Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#95178 by OomaUser99
Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:57 am
Having a strange issue with my Ooma. Every time I call a certain phone number (which is a cell phone) on my Ooma they pick up but the connection is not made. If I hang up and call back then the connection is made the second time.

This is the only number that I call that has this issue. And no other phones that call him have this issue. I don't know if the issue is on my side or his. Any suggestions?
#95180 by thunderbird
Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:31 am
OomaUser99 wrote:Having a strange issue with my Ooma. Every time I call a certain phone number (which is a cell phone) on my Ooma they pick up but the connection is not made. If I hang up and call back then the connection is made the second time.

This is the only number that I call that has this issue. And no other phones that call him have this issue. I don't know if the issue is on my side or his. Any suggestions?

Go into My Ooma https://my.ooma.com/system and make sure that 10-digit dialing is Enabled.

A temporary work-around might be to add *98 in front of the number being called.

Example: *98-1-xxx-xxx-xxxx
#95181 by OomaUser99
Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:44 am
The phone number I dial already has a 1 in front of it. The 10 digit dialing setting doesn't make a difference if I am already dialing a 1 in front of the number, does it?

What does the *98 do?
#95183 by thunderbird
Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:28 pm
OomaUser99 wrote:The phone number I dial already has a 1 in front of it. The 10 digit dialing setting doesn't make a difference if I am already dialing a 1 in front of the number, does it?

What does the *98 do?

You are probably right. But try enabling 10 digit dialing and try using that method, just in case....

*98 increases Bandwidth:
*96 Use low-bandwidth codec (iLBC) for this phone call
*98 Use high-bandwidth codec (G711) for this phone call