ConsumerReports free offer from Ooma?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
Jerald

ConsumerReports free offer from Ooma?

Post by Jerald » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:25 pm

Has anyone else received a free 12 months subscription for ConsumerReports from Ooma? I received a 12 months subscription starting today and never ordered it. Checked with MagMall and they told me if I owned a Ooma it was a free gift pre-paid $26. Contacted Ooma customer service, claimed they had received other calls and were researching and were not informed of the gift as of yet?

lbmofo

Re: ConsumerReports free offer from Ooma?

Post by lbmofo » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:02 pm

I got it too; name is what's registered on the Ooma account.
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Telo & Hub
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 100 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: SB6141/R6700/Ooma
MainStreetSHARES Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!

Jerald

Post by Jerald » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:00 pm

Well, glad I'm not the only one. I know when I purchased my original Hub and Scout from Amazon, as a bonus Wired Magazine was included for 12 months as part of the purchase. I thought it was a gift from Amazon, but may have been a special offer from Ooma.
Very pleased with my Ooma service since 2009 and reliability far exceeds my former AT&T service. I'm not a cell phone lover or follow the iPhone trends, even though I've owned a cell since conception.

oomg

Post by oomg » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:09 am

Jerald wrote: Very pleased with my Ooma service since 2009 and reliability far exceeds my former AT&T service.
I am also very pleased with my Ooma service... more than three years with minimal glitches.
Jerald wrote: I'm not a cell phone lover or follow the iPhone trends, even though I've owned a cell since conception.

Also a fan of the iPhone, but I think having one since conception is a bit too young.
oomg -- Voice Over Internet Person

I've learned a lot here... two months ago I didn't even know how to spell VOIP and now I are one.

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:30 am

Also a fan of the iPhone, but I think having one since conception is a bit too young.
Thanks oomg, I needed a good laugh this morning. :)

Wayne
ooma customer since January 2009
ooma hardware: core (hub/scout) and Telo
Lifetime Premier Member

Leeway

Post by Leeway » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:03 am

Oh!! Glad someone explained it. I had to look at the address on the mag. I thought the mail carrier did the usual thing and put it in the wrong place.

After a mail delivery here, it is funny to watch the three ring circus as people trade incorrect mail in their mail box.

Donna

greened3

Post by greened3 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:19 pm

Just received an email from Ooma thanking me for my business and telling me that I would be receiving a complementary subscription to Consumer Reports. First issue arrived yesterday.