Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#95062 by Ringfinger
Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:37 pm
Okay, so I have a primary and secondary line and have some questions.

1. I have premier, so that is why I took out the second line. So, is that what is called a virtual number or is it a whole seperate line?

2. So, on my Telo, is there a way to have a seperate greeting for each line?

3. Is there a way for me to say press the 2 button on the Telo to check messages on that line only?

4. How do I handle each? Meaning, are they two seperate entities? Do I press say the 2 button and the call comes from that line? How do I know which line the voicemail was left on? So many questions?

Can anyone help with a clarification? Thanks!
#95063 by murphy
Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:53 pm
Ringfinger wrote:Okay, so I have a primary and secondary line and have some questions.

1. I have premier, so that is why I took out the second line. So, is that what is called a virtual number or is it a whole seperate line?

2. So, on my Telo, is there a way to have a seperate greeting for each line?

3. Is there a way for me to say press the 2 button on the Telo to check messages on that line only?

4. How do I handle each? Meaning, are they two seperate entities? Do I press say the 2 button and the call comes from that line? How do I know which line the voicemail was left on? So many questions?

Can anyone help with a clarification? Thanks!

1. It depends. If you have a Telo handset it can be a virtual number or a separate line. If you leave the handset in the shared pool it is a virtual number. Calls to either number will ring all phones. If you set up a Telo handset as a personal device and assign the second number to the personal device the first number will only ring on the phone(s) connected to the Telo base and the second number will only ring on the Telo handset.

2. If the Telo handset is a personal device with the second number assigned to it you use it's number to log into a separate my.ooma account where you can customize the second number. It will have it's own voicemail.

3. You press the play button on the Telo base when it is blinking to listen to waiting messages. You press the envelope button on the Telo handset when it's blue message waiting light is blinking to listen to messages.

4. With a Telo handset as a personal device they are separate entities.
#95065 by Ringfinger
Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:47 pm
So, basically since I have only the telo and not the ooma handset, I basically have a virtual line that does not have its own voicemail or anything. No way to call from that second number without the handset, nothing special other than a local area code that relatives can use to call. Correct?
#95066 by lbmofo
Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:08 pm
You can call out using the 2nd number with **1 dialing prefix.
Also, u can set distinct ring so you know what number is being called.
#95068 by Ringfinger
Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:41 pm
Yup, Adjusted the ring to be different. Did not know about **1. I'll try it. Other than that, am I right with my statements?
#95071 by lbmofo
Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:10 pm
Yes, u will need a Telo handset or more to leverage 2nd line more.
#95075 by Ringfinger
Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:45 am
Thanks. So basically **1 to call from that number. Voicemail the same As the primary. Different ring tone. Local number for relatives. Other than that, I need an ooma handset to harness anything else.