Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#95052 by Haterade
Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:04 pm
Over the past couple of weeks my Ooma Telo base has began randomly paging my Ooma handset, even while it is still sitting on its cradle. At first this happened only about once a week. Now it is happening several time a day. I have tired as many things I could think of to fix this issues, but have had no luck. Customer service seemed confused by this issue, so I'm wondering if anyone else out there has dealt with this issue and if so were you able to correct it? I would greatly appreciate any ideas people may have to try and get this issue fixed. Love my Ooma phone service, but it'd becoming infuriating to constantly have to address the random the paging!

Thank you in advance!
#95058 by Haterade
Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:18 pm
lbmofo wrote:Take a look at this thread; read the last post too: viewtopic.php?t=10575

Thanks for your quick reply! I have tried several times to use *#*#099 to reset the Telo, but every time I input it into my handset I just get a quick busy signal. Other posts I have read suggest this might be because it is a Ooma handset. I also tired to do a hard reboot of the Telo right on the base (holding stop and trash can, per another thread) but no luck.

Wondering if buying a different brand handset and connecting it to the base would fix this problem (assuming the Telo base can only page it's own Ooma wireless handsets)? If not, getting a new phone might at least allow me to enter the * code reboot. Not to keen on the idea of using *#*#511 to turn off the Telo base sound, but if that's what I have to do to shut it up then I guess I'll have to do it.

Thanks!
#95059 by thunderbird
Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:42 pm
Haterade:
Make sure that all electrical/electronic equipment is at least 3 to 4 feet away from the Ooma Telo. My wife some times charges her cell phone on the end table where the Ooma Telo sets. Every time the charge cord gets too close to the top of the Ooma Telo, the page will go off. Just by moving the cell phone charging cord, the Ooma Telo handset radom paging will stop.