Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#95035 by Ringfinger
Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:50 am
I am at the point where I have submitted the request and suprisingly, it will take only a few days to complete according to the schedule I am on. Anyway, my questions are thus:

1. Right now I have an Ooma assigned number of 484-xxx-xxxx. I am porting a 610-xxx-xxxx number. When that happens, will that automatically replace the 484 number?

2. How will that affect my access to my Ooma? Will I enter new info now?

3. I subscribed to Premier, and want a second line with a different area code. I understand this should not cost me anything, however can I get it to replace that 484 number and if so, how do I access it with standard phones (cordless) that I have?

Oh, the questions.
#95037 by murphy
Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:57 am
Ringfinger wrote:I am at the point where I have submitted the request and suprisingly, it will take only a few days to complete according to the schedule I am on. Anyway, my questions are thus:

1. Right now I have an Ooma assigned number of 484-xxx-xxxx. I am porting a 610-xxx-xxxx number. When that happens, will that automatically replace the 484 number?

2. How will that affect my access to my Ooma? Will I enter new info now?

3. I subscribed to Premier, and want a second line with a different area code. I understand this should not cost me anything, however can I get it to replace that 484 number and if so, how do I access it with standard phones (cordless) that I have?

Oh, the questions.

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
4. Call Customer Support and request that the temporary number go away when the port completes. They sometimes move it to the second number when the port completes which means that it costs $19.99 to replace it with another number.
#95040 by lbmofo
Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:12 pm
On #2, you just login to my.ooma.com using your new ported in number with same password.
#95043 by Ringfinger
Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:16 pm
Okay:

1. Gotcha!

2. so, the ported number becomes my main line and that is how I access My Ooma is with that number?

3. How do I access a secondary line with a standard handset say for calls and all that?