Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#94811 by tdommer
Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:56 pm
I've been an Ooma user for almost a year and when I upgraded to the premier package I added a second phone number. I've never needed to use the number, but now I'd like to delete that number and pick a new phone number with a different area code. Has anyone else done this? I really don't want to pay anoth $5/mo for the other phone number. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me regarding this issue.
#94812 by murphy
Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:07 pm
It costs $19.99 to change a number.
#94831 by EX Bell
Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:18 am
When I originally setup my second number, I chose one as close to my parents house as possible with the intention that they would be able to phone us for free, but since they weren't home at the time, I didn't first verify it with my Dad. When I sent him an email with the new number for them to phone, he replied that I had chosen a number that, albeit not as expensive, would still be a toll charge. So rather than paying for a number change, I just went through a Google Voice number search while I was on the phone with him and he verified it would be toll free before I locked it in. Now they just phone that GV number and it forwards the call to my second line, all free.