Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#94807 by sseidler
Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:50 pm
I understand that Ooma will release their new handset soon. Considering the old handset was almost universally considered a failure (to the point I am surprised there was no recall or class action lawsuit), I wonder what incentive Ooma will provide for owners of the old handset. My Ooma has worked fine since I stopped using the Ooma Telo handset. Why should we trust the new handset to be any more reliable. Is the warranty going to be longer, will there be a rebate or trade in available? I originally purchased the Telo handset because I figured the products would be well integrated. If anyone has any insight let me know.
#94833 by swanleasing
Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:44 am
Do you have any more info on the new handset? Is there a model number? The one they're selling on the website looks identical to the old defective ones, and doesn't list any model or version number that I can find.

A rebate or trade-in for the known defective Telo handsets would be great!
#94834 by murphy
Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:46 am
The new handset has not been released for sale yet.
#95416 by murphy
Tue May 01, 2012 9:53 am
kblgy wrote:it said the new telo headset was going to released in march, what happened??

anyone know

No one on here knows but the obvious conclusion is that they ran into some sort of a problem that delayed the handsets.
#95525 by pat
Thu May 03, 2012 9:30 am
murphy wrote:
kblgy wrote:it said the new telo headset was going to released in march, what happened??

anyone know

No one on here knows but the obvious conclusion is that they ran into some sort of a problem that delayed the handsets.

Unfortunately they apparently stopped production of the old handsets too soon because the only place I know that you can buy them is on eBay, and the prices are rising. :cry: Fortunately I got one a month ago that works well for a reasonable price, $44 total. :)