Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#94460 by Kello
Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:40 pm
I bought the ooma telo and bt adapter bundle. I now can pair the ooma device with my Jabra BT620s.
I have the following questions:
1. when I use my BT headset, is there a way to mute the mic? It didn't seem like BT620s is capable to mute the mic so what about ooma side?
2. I can dial *15 from my phone(not a ooma handset) to transfer the call to my headset. However, if I don't dial a 1 first, it will go to some other's number. For example I want to dial *15-314-XXX-XXXX, what number is actually dialed??
3. How can I transfer the call back from headset to a handset(non-ooma-handset)?
4. When I call some business number, usually I will have to dial some extension numbers, or input my social or phone number, etc. How can I do this with my BT headset?

thanks in advance!
#94488 by thunderbird
Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:42 pm
Kello:
Have you enabled ten digit calling in My Ooma https://my.ooma.com/system ?

The following is what another Ooma Bluetooth user posted some time ago. Maybe you can pick out some bits and pieces that may help you.

Bluetooth Headset Calling Out Notes:
• This may only work for Premium accounts, since it requires a second line. I have not checked if the BT adapter is supported on Basic subscriptions.
• I am using a Jawbone Icon BT headset. I do not know if this problem is related to the BT headset model, but it certainly was a problem with mine.
• If you continue to have problems with this, contact Ooma Technical Support.
Here is what you need to do:
1. From your regular telephone handset: Press *05.
Note: Your BT headset will ring.
2. From your BT Headset: Answer the BT headset.
Note: This will initiate a intercom between your telephone handset and the BT Headset on Telo Line 1
3. From your regular telephone handset: Press "Flash/Talk".
Note: This will transfer the telephone handset to Telo Line 2. You should hear a dial tone in your telephone handset.
4. From your regular telephone handset: Dial the number you want to reach.
Let the call answer. You do not need to dial any access codes at this time.
5. From the Telo Base Station: Press the "1" and "2" buttons simultaneously.
Note: This will put Telo Line 1 and Telo Line 2 into a local conference call.
6. You can now continue to enter whatever DTMF codes you need into your telephone handset.