Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#94410 by guster98
Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:04 am
If I have multiple phone numbers on my Ooma device, the documentation indicates I can choose which number is used for outgoing caller ID on a per-call basis. My question is, can I have different "caller ID Name" assigned for different phone numbers - say one number shows my name, another number shows my wife's name, a third number displays a home business?
Does it make any difference if I set a number up as on a dedicated device (handset) where it has its own voice mail?

Also, does anyone use a home business name as a "caller ID Name"? I know Ooma is meant for residential use, but the documentation does reference some home business use:
"Maybe you have a home business and wish to separate business calls from personal calls." (from the personal numbers page)

Just getting started with Ooma and trying to figure out what it can do.

Thank you for any help or advice!
#94435 by lbmofo
Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:39 pm
Welcome to Ooma.

If you want your Caller ID name changed to something other than what you had in your account profile when activating, you can pay $19.99 to have Ooma change it for you.

The only way to have different default outgoing callerids is to have different my.ooma.com accounts. You get one account for your main account (shared devices) and then you have one for each personal device.

You can choose outgoing callerid on per call basis by using **# prefix: **0 is the primary number, **1 is the secondary number, etc.

Take look a great option of making the Telo a personal device (I think it might suit your situation): viewtopic.php?t=13531#p94266
#94456 by guster98
Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:54 pm
lbmofo,
Thank you for your reply.
Is it possible for the different caller id's to have different caller id names?
Or even with multiple phone numbers, am I limited to one caller id NAME - the one in my account profile?
#94458 by lbmofo
Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:24 pm
You can have different names per number. If you add a 2nd number you have a chance to specify what the callerid should be. If you port your number over, you have a chance to update your profile info so the number would be ported over using the updated name in the Ooma account profile. The 19.99 charge is if you want to change it after the fact.